“Gotta have a Russelrita!”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Stamford, Connecticut
“Gotta have a Russelrita!”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

After walking back and forth through Mystic, my husband and I decided to give Margaritas a try for my birthday dinner. I wanted a fun atmosphere with good drinks and good food. I got both!

The Russelrita is a combo of rasberry and strawberry in a frozen margarita. It was sooooooo good! I couldn't even finish my second one with all the food! The salsa is good - different than I've had elsewhere with a bit of a sweet and spicy kick to it. The guacamole was excellent - fresh and a bit creamy, but really good (the tostadas(?) that came with it were stale, so I just asked for more chips (that came with the salsa) - no problem. Our waiter, Dan, was very accomodating. The vibe is young and fresh.

For our main course, we had the Island Jerk Chicken Fajita, which came with more than the usual onions and peppers, it also had zucchini and summer squash. Odd you may say, but considering those are the veggies of the season, I thought it was a nice touch! My husband had the Terriyaki(?) Chicken with Pineapple Salsa. The pineapple salsa was great. Chicken was tender. Jerk seasoning was slightly on the weak side, but it was nice to have a different kind of fajita for once!

Overall, we really felt the food was fresh and good. It was a good meal all around and would definitely recommend it.

1 Thank Jenn B

Weatherford, Texas
“Anyone seen our waitress?!”
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Our party of four arrived at 8:15 pm on Wednesday, made our way up to the 3rd floor bar area because the 2nd floor was full, slowly ordered, and then the wait began, tick tock tick tock. We should have known something was odd, in that our waitress NEVER made an appearance to check our drinks. At 9:00, we asked for our drinks check, telling the waitress (after going to find her) we were leaving. Naturally, the food arrived that very moment (how DOES that happen?!).

We had grilled vegetables taco salad, cheese & onion enchiladas, and fajitas. The food was good. We were tourists in town from Texas, where we KNOW (we believe) Mexican food. We were not disappointed in the flavor of the food. The salsa served with the chips was also good, with a nice warm kick.

I would simply warn others to be aware of your waitperson's whereabouts and keep an eye on your watch. The good news for us is the Manager picked up our entire check for our trouble. I did not notice any other tables in distress, so perhaps our ticket was lost for a time?

1 Thank flutemother
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent Food & Awesome...”
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Excellent Food & Awesome Atmosphere. Mediocre Service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A lot people say that the place is too "chainy", whatever that means, but I've almost never had a bad...”
Reviewed January 26, 2008

A lot people say that the place is too "chainy", whatever that means, but I've almost never had a bad experience in the millions of times I've been here, with the exception of Cinco de Mayo, where you will be shoulder to shoulder upstairs on the third floor, which is pretty lame.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook