“Tasty goodness!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I ate here with some friends a week ago and I was not disappointed! We grabbed an available table up in the lounge and soon had a round of margaritas for everyone. They were good, mixed fairly well with a nice flavor and very good tortilla chips and salsa to go with them as we waited for our orders to come out. The chips were a little warm and nice and crispy and the salsa had a good texture and flavor. I ordered the steak chimichanga, with a cheese enchilada on the size. The chimichanga was fabulous! It was filled with chunks of steak and beans and some spicy peppers, good flavor, made even better with the sauce on top, that was a combo of cheese and flavoring, and what made it that much better! The cheese enchilada was also very good, stuffed with cheese, with a nice red sauce on top. The best part was between the two it was more than enough for leftovers the next day! The rest of the table ordered other various dishes, and all seemed to be happy. The waitress was friendly and attentive as well, but not so much as to be bothersome. Overall it was a good experience and fabulous food, that I will definitely be going back some time soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This restaurant is located right near downtown Mystic/Mystic River in and old factory. We had lunch today in the lounge which is up on the 3rd floor - a bit of a climb and some of it could be better lit but once up there... it has a nice view of the area. Staff was very accommodating and food was very good. We had some special requests and they accommodated them very well - nice to see this place is as good as it was 20 years ago when we last visited

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is my second time here and it did not disappoint. The margaritas are delicious!!! Service was great! We sat upstairs in a booth and it was nice. I had tacos and they were the best I've ever had. My husband ordered fish and said it was excellent!! Our waitress was so sweet, she made it a great night for us!!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Friend and I were in Mystic for first time and stopped here for dinner. We ordered margaritas, and my friend's raspberry margarita tasted chemically. We ordered dinner; my friend's chimichanga was passable; my enchiladas were worst I've ever had--soggy and with too much chili powder. I was hoping for more. As I don't live in CT, the chances of being back here is slim, but if I were to find myself back in Mystic, I would not choose this restaurant.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Tio Juan's Margaritas is more commonly referred to as Margaritas. They have great tex-mex, huge portions and the food is always great. I have probably ate here a dozen times, and it is the only tex-mex place around.

If margaritas are your thing (they are not mine) they have normal classic margaritas and a ton of specialty ones.

Once a week they also have trivia in the bar upstairs. We accidentally stumbled across this one week and won. The regulars seemed upset by our presence and subsequent win.

2  Thank Aaron D