Hilton Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$249
Hilton.com
$141
$102
Hyatt Place Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$287
$237
Quality Inn(Mystic)
$170
$160
Taber Inne and Suites(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$218
$195
Travelocity
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$259
House of 1833(Mystic)
$279
$251
All reviewspancake machineacross the streetmystic villagefront deskpool and hot tubboathouse restaurantcinnamon rollsyogurtfree breakfasthill overlookingthe breakfast areawould stay here againparking lothotel is in a great locationshort driveroom was largesofa bed
Reviewed July 19, 2017

This is my 3rd try with Holiday Inn Express in America, East and West coast, and I can only say avoid Holiday Inns in America.
But with that said, this was better than the others. Firstly, I love Mystic - this was my 4th visit to this Connecticut coastal town. Its gorgeous.
Firstly, after reading the other reviews, my rate per night was $275! A little steep from $150. I shouldn't have had any issues but I did.
My first disappointment with the hotel was that its not close to the city centre as it indicated in its description. Actually its nearly 3 miles away. There were renovations going on the exterior of the hotel which put me off a bit. But, I thought, if the inside is not touched then it shouldn't matter. Right? Well, there were issues. First, the room I was given was unfinished and the bathroom floor, bathtub and sink were still stained and dirtied with grout - and it had remained unwashed. After several times calling housekeeping, they finally washed the floors and cleaned the tub and sink. I shouldn't have had to call 3 times.
The dining area was not kept clean during breakfast and I found most of the staff hanging around idly opposed to trying to clear up tables and mess.
My major complaint were the front desk staff - they were rude and insensitive. It wasn't until the end, after I complained that they brightened up a bit.
So, why did I give the hotel 3 stars average rating? Well, towards the end when I decided to complain they listened opposed to the other Holiday Inns where they pretty much rolled their eyes at me and turned away. The beds were comfy and I liked the space. If only the bathroom had been finished it would have been perfect.But, with all that said, I still had to call the hotel back to complain about my experience, which I shouldn't have had to because I had a feeling that my complaint had gone unrecorded. It had. Naughty.
The sad part of this review is that the hotels in America are getting steadily worse. Not good for me because I travel a lot here, and it would be nice to think that I could check-in without fearing the worse. Maybe my title should have read 'buyer beware' but your not REALLY buying anything are you? Outside of bad memories and experiences.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Kate K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear Gloria H,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received.
Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

I ignored the reviews about the renovation. I didn't think it would matter. I was wrong. The "completed" room was not completed The walls were so thin I heard people walking up & down the hallway. The air conditioner did not stay on for long periods. Then early in the morning the work began on the hotel. The final straw was hearing the couple next door. There is no way I would have stayed an additional night.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kyndgirl
Kate K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Dear kyndgirl,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a very comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Mystic. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating. We were traveling with a one year old and a three year old and found it very helpful that they were able to provide us with a crib. The breakfast that was included with our stay offered a variety of options - including both healthy choices and options for my daughter who is an extremely picky eater. One night my daughter wanted juice before bed and the front desk staff even went out of their way to provide her with some. The hotel was clean, in the process of being remodeled and everything was very comfortable. We will not only recommend this hotel, but will stay again!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Feel very lucky that we found this hotel. We got it at a reduced rate around $150 I think because it was under renovation. It is only about a one or two minute car ride from Mystic Seaport Museum. The breakfast was really quite good and the room was brand spanking new and very comfortable even had extra pillows which are usually have to request. On a side note if you go to Mystic Seaport Museum you absolutely must rent a small sailboat for $15 and go sailing for an hour. Best value others I have ever experienced. If you don't have experience on small boats I'm sure they have someone that will help you.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank sailbad
Kate K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear sailbad,
Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear you had a great stay! It's nice to read you enjoyed the breakfast, the room and the team here at the Holiday Inn Express! We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service! The next time your travels bring you to Mystic please let us know so that we may serve you again!

Best regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

The room I was in had a new renovated look to it. It had alot of places to charge electric devices. It had a coffee machine and a big tv. The beds and food was amazing. The hotel perfect for large groups.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you for an excellent review and for sharing your experience of your stay with us. We have shared your feedback with the team and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,