“Excellent value, great room, all the amenities”

Holiday Inn Express Mystic
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
boston area
“Excellent value, great room, all the amenities”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

"Continental bkfst" exceeded expectations and even included cheese omelettes!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Killingworth, Connecticut
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Stayed for a wedding that was also being held there. Accomodations for wedding were nice but comfort of guests not taken into consideration with whether being warm/humid and yet fans never turned on to even circulate the air inside. Room was small with only access to room through a sliding door,locked with a regular household type key. Clearly not very safe if someone wanted to make a copy of the key and come back another day for illegal activities. Bathroom had peeling wall paper with some mold on it and a shower that was not eco friendly, pushing out water with such force you expected to exit the shower with no skin left. Staff friendly and courteous. Room with tax and fees was $220 so I think in the future I would be renting a room within a mile or two at a much lesser rate.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I had read the reviews on this hotel prior to making my reservation. The reviews were pretty good so we decided to go there for 2 nights for Labor Day weekend. We arrived on Saturday the 5th and we were able to check in an hour early than check in time. So that was really nice. The staff was helpful and friendly. The lobby was spacious,clean, and with lots of seating areas. There was also a small business center with a complimentary computer. I saw a small indoor pool and hot tub which we did not use. The room we had was very spacious and clean. We had a nice king size bed (with plenty of comfy pillows and comforter), small couch, desk, mini refridge, micro, closet, iron, hairdryer, plenty of towels, plasma tv, alarm clock, and toiletries. The hotel also offered breakfast. The breakfast consisted of cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, bananas, cinnamon buns,etc. We took advantage of the breakfast. It wasn't bad to get the morning started. I noticed it was a bit crowded close to closing time which was 9:30am. The hotel has plenty of parking. Its also located within walking distance to Olde Mystic Village shoppes and the Mystic Aquarium. Its also close to the Mystic Seaport ( I recommend driving though- a bit of a walk). There are also a bunch of eating establishments around the area. I thought overall this hotel was very good for the value and I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I recently stood at the holiday inn express over the weekend with my boyfriend. The hotel was very nice and clean. The room was better I expected very clean and big. The swimming pool was a bit small not a lot of room to swim especially since there were a lot of children staying at this hotel. But in all the hotel is very good to stay at it's close to the Aquarium, Old Mystik Village and not too far from the Mystic seaport. If I were to visit mystic again I would most definitely stay at the holiday inn express again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed August 21, 2009

After a long day of driving and sight seeing in 90 degree heat, we arrived at the hotel. I was pleasantly greeted by Edwin who quickly checked me in. I was happy to see that the hotel lobby was pristine and found the same to be true of my room. It was larger than expected with thick comforters and fluffy pillows on the bed.

The breakfast was more than satisfactory with bagels, toast, english muffins, blueberry muffins, biscuits, eggs, bacon/sausage, yogurt, oatmeal, coffee, hot chocolate, oj, apple juice, bananas, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, milk, and delicious cinammon buns. Definately not Weight Watchers approved but oh so worth the extra points!!!

The hotel is close to many area attractions which is a plus. There is also a grocery store behind the hotel (needed Orajel for a overly dramatic 6 year old getting his first adult tooth in). I was happy to see it was not just a small convience store but had mostly anything I could want or need. There is also a great little shop within walking distance called Cape Cod Crafters and a Five Guys burger place.

One of the nicest things about this hotel was really Edwin (front desk staff). He was so nice to us and even listened to my 6 year old ramble on and on and on.

I would definately recommend this hotel when staying in Mystic.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
close to NYC
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked a two-night stay here. While we didn't drive in, the walk to the hotel from the Mystic train station is about a mile and a half. Since we didn't drive, we found the hotel location very convenient to the tourist sites: Old Mistick Village and Mystic Aquarium and two restaurants: Steak Loft and Jamm's--both had really good food).

We took advantage of the pool, and that was a nice touch--could've been a bit bigger though.

All in all, we'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were very disappointed with the Holiday Inn in Mystic. I will first say that the hotel itself was clean and in a great location for visiting the Mystic Seaport and Aquarium. But as far as service.....they get my lowest rating. First, the room that they had for us was not what we booked. They were unable to accomodate us because they were overbooked from a wedding, but the worst part was that they didn't even try. They were rude and unaccommodating........The pull out sofa in the room was awful!!! There was a huge hole in the middle of the bed and my 10 y/o daughter ended up sleeping on the sofabed cushions on the floor. I asked for a cot or a rollaway the next day and was told that the rollaway was in the room...aka the sofa bed! I was told they didn't have any cots in the hotel. The highlight of the horrible service here was at the express breakfast in the lobby on our second moring. The server was the most miserable, unaccommodating server that I've ever met. Not only were all of coffee urns and most of the food trays empty, but this server was yelling at customers and mumbling very loudly as she walked away. She was so rude that I actually thought it must be some kind of joke or something. We've been priority club members for years and have alwasy loved the Holiday Inn..........Not after this trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family