Mermaid Inn of Mystic
Taber Inne and Suites(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$149
$145
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$84
Hilton Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$111
Holiday Inn Express Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$133
Inn at Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$88
$77
Quality Inn(Mystic)
$95
$67
QualityInn
The Whaler's Inn(Mystic)
$209
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$179
Residence Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$131
$116
Hyatt Place Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Hotwire.com
All reviewshomemade granolathe blue roomgoodie bagivory roomwrap around porchcookiesporch swingcare packageroom downstairsapple tartshort walkmini fridgebreakfast was deliciouswalking distance to everythingquicheguest roomsrelaxing stay
Reviewed May 8, 2007

My partner and I just spend a weekend at the Mermaid Inn of Mystic. After reading rave reviews about this quaint place, I thought I had to see it with my own eyes. It lived up to and beyond my expectations. Located just a few minutes walk from the seaport and downtown Mystic, this quaint, delighful inn serves as the perfect getaway. Being slightly removed from downtown/seaport means less crowds which was a definite plus. Josephine's 3-course breakfast was exceptional and kept us full for most of the day. She left snacks of homeade cookies and popcorn that we could munch on and water/soda were in plentiful supply in the room's refrigerator. Our room was clean and attention seemed to be paid to every small detail including the fresh daffodils. Josephine was incredibly helpful providing us with suggestions of places to visit, directions, etc.
To top things off she sent us with a goody bag for our ride home.
We had such a restful, relaxing weekend and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jahi
Reviewed February 27, 2007

In the morning, I’m usually a bolt out the door kind of gal, but Josephine at The Mermaid has taught me the error of my ways. Praline French Toast, Granola even the NRA Republican Meat Lovers would sing the praises of and Mermaid Eggs sunnyside up: all of these considerably slowed my exit from the languorous comfort of this Mystic B & B. The rooms are well-appointed and whimsically decorated with mermaids in various guises- not garish ones like you might find on tchotchkes in the tourist shops but sophisticated swimming sisters, who just happen to wear fishscales instead of pantyhose. The room fridge is stocked with all manner of soft drinks but in the evenings my hand went to the cut glass brandy decanter. A couple of sips after a hot shower in my marble bathroom and I was deep in relaxation mode. The inn itself is tucked away on a side street, so there’s no traffic to battle. It’s only 5 minutes walking to downtown and the Amtrak whistle that plagues the other Inns might as well be in the next county. The Mermaid Inn is fabulous.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank TheSuperbOwl
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Over my birthday weekend, which just happens to be right before Christmas Eve, my partner and I had one of our best travel experiences ever. The owner of the inn was fabulously accomodating and we enjoyed everything from the mermaid details sprouting everywhere to the delicious food which made us feel like we might truly never need (or want) to eat again. Our every question was answered and every need graciously accomodated, and, though Jo was always available, we somehow we felt that the beautifully appointed house was our own. The three-course breakfast we ate in the morning sustained us until dinner and throughout the fun days we spent in Mystic at the Aquarium, doing Christmas shoppping, touring the Mashantucket Pequot Museum, and generally enjoying all the quaint beauty of the town. And, when we left, our arms were full of two lovely care packages that sustained us on the car ride home. Clearly, winter at the Mermaid Inn is just as lovely as spring, summer and fall. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank trinirita
Reviewed December 28, 2006

We stayed at the Mermaid Inn over Halloween and thoroughly enjoyed it. Josephine was a wonderful hostess, unobtrusive yet very helpful, with regular offers of popcorn and snacks. Breakfast was a culinary experience not to be missed and the lovely Joyce never failed to add humour and insight to our daily breakfast routine. Whilst the previous review on the blue 'mermaid' room was accurate in regards to its size, we found it cosy and more than adequate for our 4 nights stay, we particularly appreciated the daily restocked soft drinks and chocolates in the room. The Inn is centrally located within a 5 minute walk of local restaurants and shops. We would definitely stay here again and heartily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wildoaks
Reviewed November 2, 2006

my stay at the mermaid inn was wonderful! everything about my stay was perfect ! the only thing as big as that sunday morning breakfast is the heart of the owner, Josephine. i cant wait to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends