“Very relaxing stay.....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mermaid Inn of Mystic

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Mermaid Inn of Mystic
Ranked #4 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Very relaxing stay.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at the Mermaid Inn for a long weekend in Mystic to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. The Mermaid Inn was lovely, as other reviews mentioned it is a house but a lovely house at that. The room I stayed in was the Mermaid Room which was off the dining area and the kitchen (although near the main area) I had no problem with noise. The breakfast was awesome. The homemade cuisine was perfect, the homemade granola was excellent. Overall I definitely would recommend the Mermaid Inn to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bebebear16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were literally across the street from the water -- and a short walk to the Mystic Seaport Museum. The very lovely Mermaid Inn is nestled in between several beautiful old New England neighborhoods -- quiet tree lined streets prolific with colorful flowers and luscious greenery. The wicker swing on the front porch pulls you to sit back and inhale the fresh sea breeze -- you only get up when you smell Josephine's unbelievably delicious homemade cookies cooling on a rack! It's a place to be spoiled -- with nostalgic New England seaport ambience, with European chocolates, brandy, and a mini fridge stocked with complimentary waters and sodas in your room -- and a warm surprise like homemade apple torte in the evening and always fresh popcorn! There's an all day long invitation to an assortment of teas and coffees, and some special goodie, oh, and would you like some sherry? Help yourself. We had such a relaxing stay in this cozy B & B where magical mermaids are every where. Thank you again Josephine for everything! It was truly memorable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue Room on the second floor -- it was a little larger than the other rooms -- sec...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MaudieHopper
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm so thankful I chose the Mermaid Inn to stay this past weekend. Let me begin by saying I'm a tough critic, so to give it an "excellent" rating is really saying something. The night I arrived I found a bottle of wine, chocolates, and fresh flowers prepared on my dresser. In the morning Josephine was very helpful answering any questions I threw out while eating the delicious breakfast she prepared. Literally, the yogurt and granola was the best I have ever had. But, the quality of all the food she served was very high. As far as I could tell, most everything was all-natural/organic/free-range/etc. When taking a retreat in a quaint, historic, sleepy town like Mystic, it's very important to me to make sure I find accommodations that cater to relaxation and hanging out at that location much of the time if I so desire. My first full day at the Inn started with rain and ended with rain. But thanks to my location, I just enjoyed sitting and reading on the wrap around porch and stealing glances at the beautiful river a block away. It was exactly what I needed at the time. When the rain did let up that day, I took the very short and scenic walk into the hub of town (prob 3-4 blocks away). The next day when I wanted to go for a bike ride but was crunched for time, Josephine was very kind and let me borrow her bike! It was so nice. These are just a few of the reasons I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and highly recommend it to you!

Room Tip: My room was the only one downstairs. The "Mermaid Room". Though it was right next to the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Maiken D
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was breathtaken with the pristine charm of the Mermaid Inn from the moment we drove up. With a gracious welcoming smile, Josephine, the owner, led us to a beautiful Victorian dining room. Her table was a groaning board of delicacies. Josephine's home- made "world renowned" cookies, luscious fruit, home made trail mix, every kind of tea imagineable, coffee and wine. Josephine, our hostess, has the unique talent of making the house itself smile at us.
There were many touches to make us feel comfortable and relaxed,..bedrooms look like a picture in a locket, and COMFORTABLE, as well as murally magnificent. While we were there, guests who'd come from a wedding in Mystic were enjoying themselves in the lovely living room. They'd brought their friends back at Josephine's encouragement! We parked the car and walked to town, to the Seaport, to antique shops. All very close by. When we left, Josephine gave us a "goody bag," with bottles of Evian water,and her specialty,..the cookies and trail mix, and fruit for our drive home. I'm sighing remembering. Our three days felt like a three week vacation from all of the Mermaid Inn's T.L.C.
Fresh flowers abound, the porch Gazebo was delightful, and the murals

Room Tip: Each room is beautiful, you can't go wrong, New gorgeous bathrooms in each. If you're a nigh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Flushing, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

The trip was a surprise present from our daughter for our wedding anniversary and it was our first time in a B&B.
Looking back at our stay all we have is warm and pleasant feelings from our experience in the unique and welcoming house.
Josephine – The Lady of the House, made our experience like a fairytale with surprises and pleasant treats. Josephine is wonderful and with every moment made sure that we were completely comfortable and felt at home.
Three course breakfasts were amazing and there were always coffee and tea available at any hour. The homemade cookies and pie were unforgettable.
We thank you Josephine for making our anniversary special. She has a gift to make people feel welcome and want them to come back.
Thank You Josephine for the wonderful experiences! We loved our time there!
Larisa and Jerry.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larisa R
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

All the previous reviews were correct - this small b&b is just perfect. Josephine is very gracious and all her little touches add to the charm of the Inn. Her cookies and breakfast are wonderful and the chocolates and stocked fridge are a welcome touch. It was so nice to have coffee, tea and cookies wating for us when we arrived late in the afternoon.
Our room, the Rose Room, was small, but lacked nothing. The bed was comfortable and the linens luxurious.
We look forward to returning in nice weather to enjoy all that this area offers.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

When I got there I was meant by the owner who made me feel welcomed. The first thing I noticed were these cookies which delayed my tour of this incredible B&B. They were the best cookies I have ever had. The room I stayed in was extremely clean and comfortable with a flat screen tv, mini fridge with beverages and a dish of chocolates. Josephine gave me a list of restaurants all within a short walk. Mystic is a charming town and I can't wait to come back in the summer. As I was leaving Josephine pleasantly surprised me with a bag of goodies for the road.

• Stayed January 2012