“Sea Swirl still a great place to eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Swirl

Sea Swirl
Ranked #38 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sea Swirl of Mystic was formerly a street side Carvel Ice Cream shop. It is located at 30 Williams Avenue at the junction of Routes 1 & 27 in Connecticut. Sea Swirl offers the best of fried clams and fantastic seafood plus has one of the most beautiful sunsets on the horizon. Outdoor dining overlooks the flood tide and customers can enjoy delicious ice cream as well. Sea Swirl may seem like an unlikely place to find four-star food, but for many years now, it has sustained a deserved reputation as one of the finest places to eat fried clams, especially the whole-belly variety. Sea Swirl serves a full roster of expertly fried seafood, including scallops, shrimp and fish. For an alternative to seafood, there are hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken sandwiches and more.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sea Swirl still a great place to eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just ate there yesterday the last day of our trip. We got there late, five minutes before closing but they still served us a great meal. Scallops were great, shrimp amazing and fish and chips really good. The fries could use some upgrading to match the rest of the food. The people working there were great staying late to make sure our meal was wonderful, will surely eat there again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank racefobeer

Connecticut
“Best fish (cod) sandwich on the shoreline.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is your traditional simple clam shack along the shoreline. Although it does not really have a full sea view (There is a tarp-covered seating area by the inlet across the carpark), it more than makes up for it by serving fried-to-order fresh thick cod sandwiches and other seafood. Fries are ho-hum but that's not what people come here for.

Lettuce and tomatoes are extra.

Opens around noon till 8pm on average Memorial Day through Labour Day and then on reduced hours (weekends only) from Labour Day through (roughly) Columbus Day. After Labour Day, they might close early if there is a lull in traffic.

Overall something we look forward to each season.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tleemur
“NEVER again!!"!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

drove 5 hours from Maine because we lived here for over 25 years and wanted some great seafood. NOPE. Clam Fritters were hard and burned, clams were soggy and cold, and fried mushrooms were hard. When I told the lady that worked at the window she said I was the second person today who said that the clams were soggy. she wanted me to speak to the manager but he was on the phone. I waited a couple of minutes and this young guy with a dirty sweatshirt said can I help you. I told him the issue and said go get the food out of the bag and bring it to him. I did and he looked it over and made a rude comment and turned and walked away. when I asked if he was the manager he turned around and said yes. I then asked for the owners name and he said he was the owner. I got my money refunded but I will NEVER go there again!!!!! EVER.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Net1975
Annandale
“Ugh #2!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Like the Sea View, this place does nothing for me, at all. We're from VA and have just concluded a week in CT & ME eating mostly at shacks, pounds, and stands and this place just doesn't cut it in my view. The fried scallops were mushy and oily and the fish just okay. We may have hit them at a bad time but for the prices they charge (and since we weren't paying ambiance or service), there shouldn't be a bad time for the food.

Give me the Clam Castle in Madison anytime.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank meeza4614
Annandale
“Ugh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Sorry folks, but we went here on the final day of a weeklong trip to CT & ME and I have to say it and the Sea Swirl just don't stack up well to other shacks. Clearly, they need to change the frying oil -- the clams and fish were soggy and had a similarly objectionable aftertaste.

• Visited September 2013