“Great food and drinks”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Gales Ferry
“Great food and drinks”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had the best tasting martini `s the sushi is marvelous. The martini`s had just the right amounts of liquor .This is a great place to dine!!! :) 06/24/13

• Visited June 2013

Flint, mi
“Not impressed with basic rolls”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

There are some amazing menu items here, however the basic sushi rolls are not (amazing). It seems the basic Philly and Crab rolls were pre-made. They didn't seem real fresh. I noticed that when someone ordered the "Bridge" sushi roll box for two, the dish was set up very fast...with pieces that must have been pre-made. The basic six piece rolls were not cheap and the portion size was small, they seemed a bit on the dry side and the color was a bit off. The taste was similar to cheapo buffet or supermarket sushi.

If you want to spend a good amount of money on some of the more exotic plates, I'd advise you try those. They look awesome. Presentation is very beautiful... almost too pretty to eat.

One thing I did enjoy was the $3.50 Miso. My wife ordered a shrimp pad thai. It was pretty good.

• Visited June 2013
“Wow!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I travel...a lot! When I do, I always try to find a sushi restaurant. I have to say that I have eaten at some pretty amazing places, but Johnny's Peking Tokyo is in my top two or three. The presentation is definitely number one by a long shot. The sushi is extremely fresh, well prepared, some variety that I have never seen, and presented in a way that I didn't want to eat it and destroy the beautiful work of art on my plate! Great ambience, great service. In a word...outstanding!

Visited June 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“TOO GOOD FOR WORDS”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The ambiance of this restaurant is lovely and low key. The service was superb. They kept bringing many extras for us to try, and one dish was even better than the last. When it was all over, the tab was remarkably modest and we were so very satisfied. You can't miss this restaurant. Directly across from the Aquarium, and the Mystic Hilton. It turned out to be one of my ALL TIME favorites. DEEEElish. Vast menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank glowie_emerson
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My Fiancee and I went for dinner last night spur of the moment and it was packed on a Wednesday night, the food was great, the restaurant is totally redone and the presentation of the food was phenominal.... We had Sushi and Chicken Teryiki, I has a spring roll that was delicious! We did have a bit of a wait, It was busy, but I think the waitress forgot to put our food order after the appetizers, because even for a busy night we waited about 45 minutes between appetizers and dinner... still a great place....

• Visited March 2013