“Go to eat good food and make new friends”
Review of Anthony J's Bistro

Anthony J's Bistro
Ranked #19 of 101 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We wandered in after a very rainy day of sight seeing in the Mystic area. It wasnt lunch time it wasnt dinner time --- Karen the bartender was gracious and welcoming. She assured us the kitchen would feed our weary souls. I had the hot rocks seafood - the BEST and most different meal I've had and my husband had a delicious burger with gorgonzola and bacon. The folks at the bar were all "regulars" and they were nice, friendly and we felt like we had new friends. We will try to visit again - thank you!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Love the atmosphere, the food is always well prepared and the service is excellent. Love the roasted garlic in oil served with the Italian bread.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a small spot right in the middle of very touristy Mystic, CT but it has a very friendly staff and seems to cater to a largely local clientele. The food has a Mediterranean flair and the drinks are not weak. Wine list is pretty good too. I would go back here every month!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had the best meal at Anthony J's bistro. Waitstaff was extremely nice especially to my two year old daughter. My husband had Chicken Marsala and he said it was delicious. I had the eggplant Parm and it too was excellent. Great service and the best meal we had in Mystic.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We found this place totally by accident last spring and returned last weekend for more of their wonderful food. While it may seem like a tavern, the kitchen puts out nice creative food. The service was crisp without being rushed and our server very pleasant. I thought I was going to lose my soup to my wife who tasted it - a tomato parmissian creation but I did get to share some of her large wedge salad. We both had sea food entrees from the regular portion of the menu and enjoyed them both - one scallop and one shrimp. We haven't tried any of the Italian offerings but vacations are for seafood. If there is one downside to this place it is a lack of parking in an area loaded with restaurants and attractions

Been to Anthony J's Bistro? Share your experiences!