“Mystic meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Denver, Co.
“Mystic meal”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

There is a pleasant outside patio. Last weekend of the summer and ever other restaurant had long lines. There was no waiting at Anthony's and the service and the eggplant parmigiana was excellent.

Visited September 2012

Northridge Ca
“I really really wanted to give this a better rating”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Because we sat outside on the patio which was lovely especially after the couple with the screaming kid left when she wasn't given her way.(Why do parents think its ok to let their kid run around screaming and coming up to your table while people are trying to enjoy their meal) Our waitress was wonderful. We had drinks with our appetizer, bread and salad which was good. Then came the main entree. I ordered Chicken Marsala w/ Gnocchi and my husband ordered the Cioppino. The chicken Marsala was terrible I couldn't even eat it. I know I should have sent it back but I didn't feel like waiting for another meal to be cooked because the restaurant was very crowded. The Marsala Sauce was thick and sickly sweet, the chicken was dry and the Gnoochi was hard as a rock. My husband's Cioppino while the sauce was good, the seafood was small. The mussels inside the shells were tiny same with the claims. Oh well. We were only in Mystic one night so maybe other Entrees are good, maybe we just didn't pick the right one.

1 Thank TereseW
Tierra Verde, FL
“Excessive Charges”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are locals who have enjoyed Anthony J's in the past. I have even given them a previous good review. This past Saturday my husband and I went there for lunch. He had the Sicilian pasta, no bread or salad, for $14. I had a hamburger, $9, with a side of coleslaw, no fries. I asked for lettuce and tomato on the burger. During the meal, my husband asked for bread. When the bill came, we found that the $14 pasta was $19, $5 was charged for the bread. I was charged $1.00 for the slice of tomato and $1.00 for the lettuce. My burger was now $11. Do they really expect to keep customers coming back when you charge for these "extras?'
No mention of these extra costs were anywhere on the menu. Anthony J's needs locals to keep coming back. There are too many other restaurants in the area that we can frequent.

4 Thank SandyTierraVerde
“1985 Lives!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When you see white zinfandel on the wine list you know your in the wrong place.
Should have trusted the time proven test of looking at the wine list. It is 99 percent accurate in gauging the expected food experience at a purported fine dining establishment. If the wine list is awful, the rest will typically follow. And it did!

2 Thank Fireandwine
Littleton, Colorado
“Food is Excellent - Prices are a bit high!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stopped in here for dinner while on a business trip in the area. I noticed that the place was a bit crowded and many folks were requesting the outside patio for seating. They seem to specialize in something that is served on a hot stone or tableside grill (many people were ordering it). I chose the Veal Parm and it was some of the best italian food I have ever eaten. Done perfectly and served with a salad and side of pasta. Now the price kind of surprised me - with an iced tea, the total was $41 with tax a tip (for 1 person). Wow - it was really good but seriously? This would be a great place for a date or special occasion but not the normal meal out for sure.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Anthony J's Bistro? Share your experiences!