“Great food and generous servings of coffee”
Review of Somewhere In Time

Somewhere In Time
Ranked #23 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stopped here for breakfast to break up our trip to the cape and though that Somewhere in Time was a pleasant treat. The food was outstanding as we had the eggs benedict on sourdough bread, scrambled eggs, and banana nut french toast. The coffee was pretty good as they had numerous options as you had to help yourself if you wanted a refill. They encouraged you to take a cup for the road which made the experience even better. The service was a tad on the slow side and the personality of the wait staff was bland.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I go there two days a week for breakfast. Friendly, if I call ahead of time, it's ready for me. Food just great, eggs sunny side up... PERFECT. Grab a cup of coffee and sit down and enjoy a wonderful meal.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had to find but hard to forget ! This is a wonderful out of the way breakfast spot that Dinner Drive In's and Dives have overlooked.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Having heard such praise for this local eatery, three of us "old fogies" went there for breakfast Saturday morning. On the website, they suggested calling for preferential seating. At 9:00 - no problem. The building is attractive, not pretentious. If we had gone in the front door we would have seen outside seating on a small deck and that would have been better than the inside. The noise level was impossible. We had to lean over the table and cup our hears to hear each other (I said we're old). The tables are so close together the man at the next one had to get up to let me in (I'm not fat). I can't carry coffee so had to ask my husband to get it for me...heavy mugs not to my liking. I suspect the hash was made by Mary Kitchen, not a 'country style'.

On the good side, it is obviously a very popular restaurant with the locals. The prices are extremely fair; the service was fine, and the staff friendly. I regret my overall impression - but as I say, we three are old and like a little less bustle.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

more like home cooking, help yourself to coffee always busy cute inside

Been to Somewhere In Time? Share your experiences!