“Best Breakfast around.”

Ranked #25 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I go there two days a week for breakfast. Friendly, if I call ahead of time, it's ready for me. Food just great, eggs sunny side up... PERFECT. Grab a cup of coffee and sit down and enjoy a wonderful meal.

There are newer reviews for Somewhere In Time

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had to find but hard to forget ! This is a wonderful out of the way breakfast spot that Dinner Drive In's and Dives have overlooked.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Having heard such praise for this local eatery, three of us "old fogies" went there for breakfast Saturday morning. On the website, they suggested calling for preferential seating. At 9:00 - no problem. The building is attractive, not pretentious. If we had gone in the front door we would have seen outside seating on a small deck and that would have been better than the inside. The noise level was impossible. We had to lean over the table and cup our hears to hear each other (I said we're old). The tables are so close together the man at the next one had to get up to let me in (I'm not fat). I can't carry coffee so had to ask my husband to get it for me...heavy mugs not to my liking. I suspect the hash was made by Mary Kitchen, not a 'country style'.

On the good side, it is obviously a very popular restaurant with the locals. The prices are extremely fair; the service was fine, and the staff friendly. I regret my overall impression - but as I say, we three are old and like a little less bustle.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

more like home cooking, help yourself to coffee always busy cute inside

Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

The charm is genuine and warm by the place and the employees- the use of seasonal items is a wonderful and authentic touch to any breakfast or brunch! The monte cristo sandwich is awesome! The pancakes are always good!! The staff is always so friendly! It's serve yourself coffee and tea so be prepared, but they usually have different favors and styles of the coffees hot and ready! Definitely a gem!