“Terrible Service”

Angie's Pizza House
Ranked #37 of 101 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The waitress took a very long time to take our order, at least 10 minutes after we were seated, then our order still had not arrived over 45 minutes later. All we ordered was a large pizza. I was excited to try this place when I read the reviews, but now I am starting to believe perhaps there is some truth in their not wanting to serve certain people.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

In a quiet part of town, this luncheonette type place with an adjacent bar goes far beyond meeting high expectations and is so much more than a pizza place. The food is extremely good, portions are of great size, service is exceptional, and it is a tremendous value. My steak was delicious and cooked just as requested. The salad was great, and the side of spaghetti could have been a full meal itself. All of us enjoyed it so much that even with the range of restaurants to choose from, we returned the next night for another great experience.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were traveling and wanted to watch the NFL game at a sports bar. This place was great. We loved the bar area. Lots of locals, good pizza and beer and a great staff. We had a fun time.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I stopped in Mystic, Connecticut today on our way from visiting colleges in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We came upon Angie's Pizza House on Roosevelt Avenue and upon entering the establishment, the woman behind the counter asked if we wanted to take something out. We were waiting to be seated and she asked again, "Do you want to take something out?" We left because our money is too good to spend with ignorant racists. She implied that she did not want blacks in the establishment with her question regarding taking the food out; she never asked us if we wanted to be seated.

3  Thank tknox30
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Not to sounds like a snob (but I am going too), I am very particular with Italian food. So when I went to Angie's to place a "pick up" order my nose was definitely up in the air. Jess (I think) was REALLY cool with me. I told her how I know good Italian food and wasn't sure with the limited pasta choices.. Well I ordered a small pizza for the kids (Safe for my Peanut/Tree Nut Allergic child), Spagetti Bolagnase, and an Eggplant Parm with Linguine with garlic and oil (instead of red sauce). I also order 2 chocolate cream pie slices :-). As we were driving our food back to the hotel I told my husband I hope it wasn't bland like the Mystic Diner and how the place didn't really look that great in the inside. Let me tell you, the food was AWESOME!!!! I absolutely LOVED my eggplant Parm and pasta. It was made perfect!! Breaded with breadcrumbs, slices thin, and pasta was cooked aldente!!!!! I was so happy I picked this place!!! I would 100% go back next time we are in town!!! P.S. they also make their own garlic dressing which is addictive!!!! Portions are very good!!! This place is definitely a HIT!!!! Thank you for the wonderful food and service!!!

1  Thank MeshellyMac

Been to Angie's Pizza House? Share your experiences!