“Decent Pizza, but we get it...they made a movie about it!”
Review of Mystic Pizza

Mystic Pizza
Ranked #8 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Mystic Pizza. My wife chose it, because of the movie "Mystic Pizza" with Julia Roberts. First of all, for all of the tourist coming for that same reason, the movie wasn't actually filmed there. It was filmed at another location, because the owner didn't want to close during the film's production.
If you didn't know the movie was about this place and the surrounding town, you'll know it by stepping inside. The walls are plastered with pictures from the movie and if you watch the TV there you'll get to see it played over and over again forever. We get it. Tone it down a bit. The movie wasn't that good and it's older than the employees that work there.
Anyway...about the pizza. It's actually pretty good. Their toppings are excellent and the sauce it delicious. What sets it apart is the crust. I usually don't eat the outside crust on pizza, but theirs is outstanding!
Don't go for the movie nostalgia. Do go for the pizza!

2  Thank bsslegel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,819)

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were on our way to New London from Cape Cod and realised a slight detour could take us here. We were hungry so why not. Easily got a parking spot right outside on a Friday late lunchtime. Service was friendly and fast and the pizzas were very good. Not the best I've ever had but better than I was anticipating. Yes, the place is covered in movie memorabilia and they seem to play the movie on a constant loop but that's only to be expected. If you're passing through, drop in. It's very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Mystic Pizza was a fun place and the staff was very helpful with a large group. The pizza was good as well.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

No. I'm afraid not. The pizzas are not New York style, deep dish, wood-fired or authentic Italian. I'm sad to say that they were more like that served up at Pizza Hut. Get your photo taken under the sign and then move on.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Yea it's touristy, and I'm not a fan of the movie, but it was in the area, so we figured what the heck. The pizza was good, but I have had better. The service was good.