“No Mystery at Mystic Pizza - Great Food”
Review of Mystic Pizza

Mystic Pizza
Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
New York City, New York
“No Mystery at Mystic Pizza - Great Food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were waiting to take an afternoon harbor cruise and needed a light lunch and thought pizza would do the trick. The pepperoni and sausage combination was excellent and (for our taste) the hint garlic was perfect. A chicken "parm" wedge rounded out the food order and it, too, was excellent and well proportioned. Craft beer available.
I would have given this restaurant a "5" but the service was a bit too slow for a spectacular Friday in the beginning of June with tourists everywhere.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank IrishBill422

• Czech first
Denver
“Not the restaurant portrayed in the movie "Mystic Pizza"”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This pizza is not "the slice of heaven" as it was called in the movie, "Mystic Pizza." Most of the clientele are people who want to take their picture under the "Mystic Pizza" sign. Local people do not frequent this restaurant, there are several pizza restaurants (one within an easy walking distance), that are far better!

Visited May 2014
NY
“If you are in the area, why not . . .”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was in Mystic for a few days, so how could one not go to the famous "Mystic pizza" store;

To be Honest I eat Kosher, so I didn't eat anything but I went in, & as the good tourist I am I bought a souvenir :-)

The girl behind the counter was very sweet & nice, we talked a little she told me what she knew about the filming of the movie, etc etc

All in all it was a nice 15 minutes & I have my souvenir for life.

Now I just need to go see the movie, LOL

If you are in the area go in, & if you aren't kosher have a bit.

Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Thought it was great and inexpensive!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our travels brought us to Mystic last week--of course we have seen the movie and we thought we'd have to try this place. I found it to be very nice and clean. There were only a few people eating when we were there. We had a small cheese/half pepperoni pizza (it was 8 slices) plenty for 2-the price was so cheap! We also ordered garlic bread and our bill was only $13 (we had water to drink) very reasonable, good service and the pizza was really great. I found the movie photos etc interesting and am so glad we dined here. Try it out if you are in the area, it won't disappoint.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank WVClairenmaddy
Ontario
“Pretty good Pizza”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The only reason why we stopped by Mystic Pizza is pretty simple...the movie. We wanted to see what all the hype was about.
Walking into the place we were greeted immediately by a very nice girl who promptly gave a us a booth. We were then greeted by our friendly server who asked us if we wanted to start off with drinks while we looked over the menu. We decided to get two pizzas and a fry. We thought it would be a great idea for left over's in the hotel room. Pizzas were pretty good when hot but being they are very oily eating them after was a disaster. The fries were excellent.

The place is filled with pictures of the movie and they have a flat screen at the back with the movie Mystic Pizza being played.

It's definitely worth a stop, although if in the area again we might try something different.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Mystic Pizza? Share your experiences!