“Unimpressed with pizza, but you should still eat there!”
Review of Mystic Pizza

Mystic Pizza
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I grew up with the movie Mystic Pizza and it was, and still is, one of my favorites from my teenage years. When I found out we had a trip to Newport, I knew I would be heading to Mystic to eat there. The pizza was unimpressive. Not much flavor, greasy, and the crust was overdone. The service was lacking as well. We had to ask for refills and she never even asked how the pizza was. With that said, if you can spare approx $20 (large pizza) then you should absolutely eat here. It was so fun just to be able to watch the movie while sitting there eating our pizza in this landmark. Definitely worth our 20 bucks and the pictures that we got for my scrapbook. Also purchased a t-shirt and magnet, of course.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stopped by to have one of my favorite pizzas. This is still one of the best pizzas around the Mystic area. Great atmosphere and excellent customer service.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our last night in Mystic and we weren't going to eat here. It was open late (yay). We decided to anyhow, funny I didn't even like the movie. The service was good, nice size portions.
Mystic pizza is Greek style pizza which is the majority of the pizza places CT, very different not NY style like people are used to. We didn't have the pizza, but from customers around me they enjoyed it. I decided on the cheese calzone and my husband had a meatball hero. This was better than my expectations. The calzone was a nice size, I'm shocked I finished the whole thing.
They also sell Mystic pizza merchandise, I just got a pressed penny from the machine in front of shop.
I didn't hear anything bad about the pizza, but I'd eat there again maybe to try the pizza.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Mystic Pizza has a touristy reputation because of the movie of the same name. I thought maybe the pizza would not live up to the cinema image. My wife and I were VERY pleased however. We visited twice, each time we ordered the seafood pizza which became our favorite. Very hot, right out of the over, hmmmm loved it. This place has ample seating inside, but it's deceptive when looking at the business from the outside. One doesn't realize that there is downstairs dining and also upstairs dining and you can sit at stools in the beverage area as well. There's more to the place than at first meets the eye. Yes, this was a highlight of the trip and I would recommend Mystic Pizza as a must see, must eat, must enjoy.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped the town of Mystic. So I had to have a piece of pizza glad I did. I had scallop and bacon pizza. It was very good, was a little hesitant but the flavor's went well together.

Been to Mystic Pizza? Share your experiences!