“It's all about the pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mystic Pizza

Mystic Pizza
Ranked #9 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“It's all about the pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

...which we consider excellent. Just the right ratio of bread and toppings, really yummy. Try the special! Excellent salads and garlic bread, too. Friendly service. Sure, it's famous, but there is a reason! We stop here every time we pass through.

• Czech first
Goshen, Ohio
“I'll say average this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I try to grab a pizza here every time I pass through and normally have most of it eaten by the time I get to my next destination. This time I got a small pizza with green peppers which my mom and I both ate and wound up with pretty bad tummy aches. We both got to Rhode Island and needed to find restrooms pretty quickly. I'm not going to judge this place harshly based on this though, as this is the first time their food has made us feel poorly. However, I think some of the menu items as well as some of the souvenirs are a bit pricey for what you get. Love the movie.

1 Thank LBradley22
Oak Park, California
“Movie's better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were driving from Newport, Rhode Island to New Haven, Connecticut on I95 and decided to stop off and check out the Mystic Seaport. When we were told there was an admission charge just to walk around the old Seaport, we decided to walk into town instead.

Down at the end of the main street in down, up a little hill, is the iconic restaurant of Mystic Pizza. We knew about the place from the old Julia Roberts movie. When you walk in, the movie is playing on the TV on a constant loop. We were in between meals and didn't really want another, so we went upstairs to the pizza counter.

We shared a slice. Contrary to the signage outside, we didn't think this was a "Little Slice of Heaven." The pizza was fine, not great, not bad. Just average. Kinda greasy, actually. Made for a nice snack.

The restaurant itself is different than as shown in the movie, that was all on an interior movie set. Overall, fun to see Hollywood memorabilia 3000 miles from Hollywood, but nothing special.

Walking back to the car, we had to wait for the drawbridge to let a tall masted sailboat pass under. Seeing that large drawbridge open and close was actually more fun than seeing the pizza place!!!

Brookhaven, New York
“Wonderful, friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I had lunch at Mystic Pizza and it was a wonderful experience. We were welcomed in by their friendly help and we were both very pleased with the pizza as well. I'm from New York and I have to say that their pizza was very delicious. I would highly suggest Mystic Pizza!

Wareham
“Calzone was Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

After hearing so much about Mystic Pizza and seeing the great reviews, we had to try it! We got the Athena Calzone - OH. MY. GOD. So good! A piece of the chicken fell out and I tasted it and got a great hit of garlic, amazing! It was packed, more of a pie than a calzone! Highly recommend! And the garlic cheese bread was awesome also, the crust was nice and thin and bread was fluffy and garlicky, too good!

• Visited June 2013

Been to Mystic Pizza? Share your experiences!