“Movie's better.”

Ranked #10 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were driving from Newport, Rhode Island to New Haven, Connecticut on I95 and decided to stop off and check out the Mystic Seaport. When we were told there was an admission charge just to walk around the old Seaport, we decided to walk into town instead.

Down at the end of the main street in down, up a little hill, is the iconic restaurant of Mystic Pizza. We knew about the place from the old Julia Roberts movie. When you walk in, the movie is playing on the TV on a constant loop. We were in between meals and didn't really want another, so we went upstairs to the pizza counter.

We shared a slice. Contrary to the signage outside, we didn't think this was a "Little Slice of Heaven." The pizza was fine, not great, not bad. Just average. Kinda greasy, actually. Made for a nice snack.

The restaurant itself is different than as shown in the movie, that was all on an interior movie set. Overall, fun to see Hollywood memorabilia 3000 miles from Hollywood, but nothing special.

Walking back to the car, we had to wait for the drawbridge to let a tall masted sailboat pass under. Seeing that large drawbridge open and close was actually more fun than seeing the pizza place!!!

There are newer reviews for Mystic Pizza

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I had lunch at Mystic Pizza and it was a wonderful experience. We were welcomed in by their friendly help and we were both very pleased with the pizza as well. I'm from New York and I have to say that their pizza was very delicious. I would highly suggest Mystic Pizza!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After hearing so much about Mystic Pizza and seeing the great reviews, we had to try it! We got the Athena Calzone - OH. MY. GOD. So good! A piece of the chicken fell out and I tasted it and got a great hit of garlic, amazing! It was packed, more of a pie than a calzone! Highly recommend! And the garlic cheese bread was awesome also, the crust was nice and thin and bread was fluffy and garlicky, too good!

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stop to Mystic Pizza this week. We had to go here because of course the movie, so we stopped here while visiting the area. The service was great, and the pizza and garlic bread were very good. The pizza sauce was very good and different. The atmosphere of the restaraunt was outstanding. My family and I were glad we visited this place and would recommend anyone visiting here to check it out.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

To visit Mystic Connecticut, mean a visit to Mystic Pizza. You will notice that the TV's inside will be playing the movie: Mystic Pizza. Living in Chicago, means we have a lot of great pizza places to eat at. I thought it was nice place to eat and the pizza wasn't bad either. The staff was friendly and the prices were fair. I thought it was going to be more expensive being a touristy place to go. My wife bought a t-shirt, which was more expensive than our medium pizza.

I recommend eating here if your in Mystic!

Been to Mystic Pizza? Share your experiences!