“Fun dining experience”

Ranked #10 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was a fun dining experience. I visited here after I visited the aquarium in Mystic, and was delighted to see the resturaunt was just like it was in the movie. It was great and the food was delicious. Parking was alittle screwy though and the traffic around the place was very bad...

Overall the experience was very good!

There are newer reviews for Mystic Pizza

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had to go because my wife is a fan of the movie, the pizza was good, we each had some slices for lunch, staff very friendly, overall it was a good experience.

1  Thank dwthibodeau
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had gone to this place in downtown Mystic years ago but went to the take out section and ate at the bar so I never ate in the actual restaurant part of it until recently. We went during the week so it was not as crowded there and we were able to get right in. Upon entering we were led to a booth. Just so you know it is a tad bit tight. However, we did have a really delicious lunch. The host and waitress was really friendly. Great service! The price was not bad either for what we ordered--Caesar salad with 2 slices of pizza. It was plentiful. They also have gluten free pizza that my sister liked. One thing I found interesting was that on the wall behind us was a flat screen tv with the movie "Mystic Pizza" playing. It was awesome since that's where it was filmed. I asked the waitress if it plays continuously and she said yes it does. I guess the only thing I could recommend if you are going to go here--especially on the weekend is to go early and find a spot to park near the place.

1  Thank Brk07Dwn
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately this place is a tourist trap- I do not recommend it- the pizza is nothing spectacular and there is nothing more to this restaurant than what is on the walls which is a bunch of 1980's movie stars and no name signatures to match. I do not feel it is worth finding a parking space.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a child of the 80s, I loved the movie "Mystic Pizza" and when I visited Mystic, CT, I had to go to the restaurant, even though my cousin made fun of me and even though I understand the restaurant scenes were filmed elsewhere.

For a true fan of the movie, it did not disappoint. First, the location - downtown Mystic is about as quaint and adorable as you could want. Water, a main street lined with cute shops, church spires popping up on hills and behind trees.

The interior of the bar/restaurant has a lived in feel - not a dive, just packed with memorabilia. We sat upstairs, where the movie was playing on a screen on one wall. I had a local beer, which was tasty, although I don't recall the name. We both started out with the Mystic salad, which was a nice size and was delicious. I had a small seafood special pizza, which was also yummy. Was it the best pizza I've ever had in my life? No, but I liked it, and as a fan of the movie, I liked the ambience, and I bought a magnet at their merchandise counter.

If you love the movie like I do - it's worth a stop. On a side note, we also stopped in at a jewelry shop a few doors down, N.L. Shaw & Co., and they had pizza slice charms made specially because of the movie. My cousin and I each bought a charm to commemorate our trip.

1  Thank Starlight1313

Been to Mystic Pizza? Share your experiences!