“Delicious pizza”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Sydney
“Delicious pizza”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went here on New Years Eve with my fiancee as he had previously been here with his family and enjoyed the pizza. I had a half and half pizza - seafood and Grecian delight and they were delicious! The service was good and the kitsch movie- orientated decor is fun. The only minor gripe I would have would be when we asked the hostess on entry when they closed (being that it was New Years Eve) she just said "I don't know, probably early" - she seemed a bit disinterested and I thought she could have asked someone for us. Luckily, our waitress was able to give us a more definitive answer. We would definitely go back again for a casual meal.

Visited December 2012

• Czech first
Cape Cod, MA
“GOOD PIZZA, VERY COMMERCIALIZED”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had not been to Mystic Pizza since just after its eponymous movie came out, so naturally, I was anxious to return. Our welcome at the door was underwhelming; the young woman could not have cared less we were there, she was checking her mobile phone and we felt like we'd interrupted her. We had a nice table upstairs (the second floor was new since my last visit, and they are really capitalizing on their fame!). There is a flat screen TV which plays the movie Mystic Pizza over and over (admittedly, it made us nostalgic to see the movie again after many years).

Our server, while pleasant, was very scripted as we heard her use the exact same verbage to every other patron in earshot around us. The pizza was very good, as I remembered, and I really enjoyed the spicy sausage. The pizza has gotten considerably smaller than I remember.

Overall our impression was that this is now a pizza factory, designed to get people in and out and collect their money. There were no pleasantries exchanged between the staff and patrons, just a script which they use, no questions about whether we'd been there before, where we were from and several huge tables of screaming children running around unsupervised by adults who were stuffing pizza into their mouths while their brats annoyed everyone around them with their electronic guns and toys.

Everyone visiting Mystic is probably going to beeline here to say they've eaten at Mystic Pizza. But the staff needs to warm it up a bit and there was no manager in attendance that we noticed, just a crew of teenagers relatively uninterested in patrons' experiences, just doing their jobs without any noticeable enthusiasm.

• Visited December 2012
Ocean View, New Jersey
“As good as the movie”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

sopped on two different occasions once for lunch once for casual dinner after a long day pizza and atmostmphere and friendly service and happy clientele.

Visited June 2012
Waterford, Connecticut
“Not even worth a try man!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a disappointment, they are thriving off of the reputation and the movie, not worth the food or the scene. They can certainly use improvement on all fronts. If you had to see it because your spouse insisted, I would make sure not to expect much.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Jalal A
Tennessee
“Better than the movie, and the movie was good”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was not my first visit but it will be my most memorable. What a great little place. the service was outstanding and so was the Pizza. perfectly cooked and nice and hot. We sat up stairs so we were able to watch the movie as it was on a looped DVD. The dining area was cleas and so were the rest rooms. I am already planning my return visit.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Mystic Pizza? Share your experiences!