“A good time... as long as you go in with realistic expectations...”
Review of Mystic Pizza

Mystic Pizza
Ranked #10 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Mystic Pizza is a fun and classic place to hit while in Mystic, CT. It is definitely not world's greatest pizza, but it is decent and worth checking out to say that you have been! If you are into beer, I would recommend the Mystic Ale. It is light and goes great with the pizza! The restaurant is decorated after the movie and is a little cheesy. But, its okay to give into the cheesiness sometimes! Check it out!

There are newer reviews for Mystic Pizza

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We just visited Mystic, ordered Mystic Pizza for delivery to our hotel after hearing such rave reviews and the menu boasting the "best pizza in the USA" ! Really? I don't think so, this pizza made store brand taste gourmet. Just think of Domino's or Pizza Hut type pizza but without any authentic or fresh ingredients. I would never eat this pizza again, it was awful so glad we only ordered one large pie for the 4 of us and we had 1/2 left over. Ewe this pizza is so disgusting, save your money and go somewhere else. Even sick people in the hospital would rather eat hospital food that this. I don't know what all the rave reviews are all about but honestly this isn't real pizza at all.

2  Thank CE1111
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We visited on July 2 after walking around the beautiful Mystic downtown area. I think the crowds had thinned out because we didn't have to wait for a table and we're a family of 5. My teens had never heard of the movie, don't know who Julia Roberts is, and the restaurant held no special attraction for them. They thought the pizza was pretty good. The price was reasonable for our dinner.

They show looping video of the movie on several tv screens, and I enjoyed watching it since I've only seen the movie once, and it was years ago.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Quick & fun! Lunch for 2 was under $20! We went around 2 pm so it was fairly empty.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

After a late arrival into Mystic, we walked into Mystic pizza looking for a quick dinner. We stood in the dining room entrance for 5 minutes before the manager came along to tell us the dining room was closed. He ushered us to the counter where their is a bar you can sit at & said he would be back with menus. 5 minutes later he handed us paper takeout menus & told us they were only serving a limited menu: pizzas, grinders, calzones. Since we wanted pizza we were okay with this, but it would have been nice to know that before we waited in case we wanted something else.

We sat at the bar/counter and waited for 10 minutes to order while we were ignored by the server standing right in front of us. She was too busy chatting with her friends who came in to pick up takeout. She finally took our order and practically threw the pizzas at us 10 minutes later. Then she immediately came back with takeout boxes to put our pizzas in, stating that we had 5 minutes to eat because they were closing. Really?? Maybe if we could have ordered before sitting there for 20 MINUTES we would have been done and out the door. The pizza wasn't even that good. It was okay, but the crust was a little too dry & crunchy.

It really irritates me when a tourist location has bad customer service just because they have a captive audience and can get away with it. These are the times I'm thankful for Trip Advisor to make the most out of our vacations. I've wanted to check out Mystic Pizza for a few years now. Glad I can check it off my list; I sure won't ever be going again! Try the Ancient Mariner around the corner for a much better lunch :)

1  Thank Kikisette