“Best food in the area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bravo Bravo Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Guilford, Connecticut
“Best food in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family of 4 had dinner there this week. My wife and I stumbled across this gem about 18 months go in a snowstorm in December on our way to the Ocean House in Westerly RI. On this trip we did a reprise and it was as good as the first time. Very good and creative food. Excellent breads. Great service. Nice wine list by the glass and bottle. I had the grilled salmon on creamy polenta, my wife the pasta seafood special. Both were excellent. We ordered an appetizer of burratta cheese with honey and truffle oil that was unique and fabulous. I have also been to S&P Oyster Company across the street which offers good food in slightly larger portions than Bravo, but significantly less creative, for about the same price. S&P is a better class of the seafood restaurants you tend to find in many locales near the water, but I think Bravo is better food for the same price in the downtown Mystic scene.

2 Thank A28ensemble

miami
“Fabulous food in the heart of Mystic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been to Bravo Bravo many times and finally decided to share. The food is always wonderful. The mussels are the best ever and the chef is quite clever with specials. The only complaint is the noise. It's always fool and quite lively. They will cater to children as well.

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Not much on ambiance but food is excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

As other reviewers commented, it does lack some of the charm of other restaurants in Mystic. Yet it makes up for it with excellent food and service. The quality is outstanding with a variety on a menu that is the right size, not overwhelming. When it town I will certainly visit in the future.

Wappingers Falls, New York
“Good Food, Great Service, Fair Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Sunday night, Summertime in Mystic, a very busy place, it is not easy to find a good restaurant. We had my six year old gourmand grandson with us. He shared a good Caesar salad with me. Then he ordered the mussel appetizer, and had it served over linguini. He did not leave a morsel. I had the Cioppino, with shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams and a piece of lobster claw. The sauce was delicious, on the spicy side. My wife had a shrimp dish served over linguini, she enjoyed it very much. For dessert, we had the donuts, with vanilla gelato served over a puree of granny smith apples, with a caramel sauce. It was outrageous, there is nothing like fresh donuts. The place can get a bit noisy, but the food and service make up for it. It isn't cheap, but good food in this setting rarely is cheap. I would go back again.

Essex, Connecticut
“Quality Is the Main Ingredient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and never have I been disappointed. Everything is fresh and seasoned beautifully. The meal starts with really good bread and very nice olive oil. My husband and I had a light lunch with the Caesars salad with chicken seasoned perfectly and the chicken moist and delicious. The portion was smaller then I expected and a little pricer than should have been. The restaurant is really loud. The good really outweighs the bad.

Visited August 2013

Been to Bravo Bravo Restaurant? Share your experiences!