“not impressed”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Chatham, Massachusetts
“not impressed”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ate at Bravo about a year ago several times, always dinner. The atmosphere was very crowded and noisy and the food just fair. This place seemed to us as "much ado about nothing:. Certainly nothing special about the food and the noise level and crowded atmosphere was a real turnoff. Service, slow as well. Have not returned.

• Visited January 2012

Yantic, Connecticut
“Happy hour/Dinner”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Late Fri. afternoon arrival for drinks and apps, Service was very good in the Bar area despite a shift change. Apps of homemade pizza followed by steamed mussels were promptly served and well done. The restaurant and bar quickly began to fill at 4 pm and continued throughout our visit.After perusing the menu we inquired about a table and were accommodated without delay despite a very busy dining area. Our server was very good, [Service appears to be a strong suit across the board here.] and recommended several dishes listed on the menu of which we selected a Veal, and a Salmon entree. Despite the crowded and very busy atmosphere our meals were soon served and well presented, my only complaint is that the Veal had a gristle of sort that diminished an otherwise excellent meal.Salmon was on point,well prepared and house made dessert of Chocolate torte/cake was outstanding. Prices are a bit above average, and its a close quarters dining experience but I will return and give Bravo Bravo another review

• Visited December 2012
Oregon
“Dinner and lunch both good”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had planned to eat at another, more casual place, but popped in here when a torrential thunderstorm developed. The food was pretty good, but not many choices for vegetarians. I was traveling solo and was glad I ate there. However, it was very noisy. I would not want to eat there with more than one other person because I don't think one would be able to talk. I went back to eat lunch after looking at other restaurant possibilities. I had the lobster roll which was pretty good, but not great (I had come from Newport, where I had an excellent lobster roll). All in all, given the other restaurant choices in Mystic, I would probably go back to Bravo Bravo if I am ever in Mystic again.

• Visited August 2012
Penhook, Virginia
“Quality food and atmosphere. Friendly service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Took advantage of restaurant week in Mystic and visited Bravo Bravo for dinner. Though very crowded our reservation time was honored within 5 minutes. Atmosphere is warm and charming.
Much of the lighting is by candles. That may sound fancy but it truly is a relaxed place.
My wife had a terrific field green salad. I went for the mozzerella crostini starter which was fantastic. The lobster ravioli were wonderful. The lobster and asparagus risotto was very good but maybe a little salty.
Some folks may complain that the portions during restaurant week are smaller than normal but we are talking about very decent portions and 3 courses.. If you want quantity and not quality go to a buffet.
Great spot definite keeper

• Visited November 2012
Shoreline Connecticut
“Wonderful, as always!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had a great lunch at Bravo, Bravo this past week. Since it was Restaurant Week in Mystic, I decided to try one of the dishes on their Special Menu. After being seated, the friendly waitress arrived with their own Foccacia. This seems to be the trademark bread at all (3) restaurants (sister establishments: Azu & Olio's.) The main entree I ordered was fresh Eggplant dusted in Panko Crumbs, with Ricotta & freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. This was on top of a delicate tomato sauce. Then it was broiled, which produced a lovely crust. For dessert, Coconut Sorbet, which was the perfect end to the meal.
Bravo, Bravo never disappoints! I continue to be a loyal fan!

• Visited November 2012

Been to Bravo Bravo Restaurant? Share your experiences!