“Disappointing”

Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We went here for my husbands 40th birthday. I was SO excited for the delicious food I had heard about. Appetizers were great, but my husbands entree was indelible!! The amount of salt in his risotto was inexcusable! I told the staff and they graciously took that and our champagne off the bill. I assure you we appreciate that, but the meal was beyond disappointing. I would NOT recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Discodiva44

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Bravo Bravo is our very favorite. We have never had a bad meal (we have been there times
too numerous to count) and the service is excellent (fast, but never hurried). The specials
are inventive and the bar is second to none. The seafood stew is a must try and my favorite
is the spaghetti and clams. The appetizer specials are always interesting (try 2 or 3 apps instead
of an entree).

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We live literally down the street from Bravo Bravo and I have grown up going. Now that I am married we seem to get gift certificates there all the time. During the peak tourist season I would suggest you steer away or get a reservation. The food is great, they always have interesting specials and they have some great house wines by the glass. Years ago now they used to have an outdoor area where the jewlery store is now called Cafe Bravo and they had some of the best pizza in town from a brick oven. Really good thin crust Neopolitan style pizza. Now that is gone but Bravo Bravo still remains. The bar is cozy but have no draft beers. Dining is always an experience and reminds me of various dinner we had in Rome over the years. The food is always great with variations between all different disciplined. Last week they had a Moroccan pork chop. Not too much pork going on in Morocco but it was great! Lamb chop would have been great too. You never know what they are going to have.

Prices are reasonable for the experience and food but plan on dropping over $100 for dinner and a bottle of wine. I guess you can't step out of your door without spending $100 dollars anymore. Plus it is most likely a vacation so splurge.

REMEMBER RESERVATIONS

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I live in downtown Mystic and frequent all the restaurants by walking to them. The best restaurant by far is Bravo Bravo. The food is fresh, the menu diverse and the drinks are incredible. The usual bartender is a gentleman named Kevin who serves up the best drinks around. You can have a simple vodka tonic, to the most complex dessert martini made by this gentleman and you will love them all. There is seating inside and outside to enjoy, including high tops in the bar or window seating to watch the local shoppers stroll by. Delicious salads, lamb, steak, pasta, and local seafood dot the menu. After living here 6 years I still have not had a bad dinner at this fine restaurant... I highly recommend it...

2  Thank Frank C
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bravo Bravo is my favorite restaurant in Mystic. Though it isn't situated on the water, they do offer outdoor seating in season, and both the food and drink menus are superb. I was slightly less impressed with dessert, but the appetizers and main course options were fabulous.

Been to Bravo Bravo Restaurant? Share your experiences!