“Charming & delicious dinner”

Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in a newly renovated 19th century landmark on the shores of the Mystic River, our welcoming ambiance captures a fresh essence of the maritime experience. Natural hues surround a unique combination of historical and contemporary elements including extraordinary photographs from the Rosenfeld Collection. Choose to dine in one of our main dining rooms, gather with family or friends for casual fare in our classic tavern, warm yourself near one of our fireplaces or enjoy cool river breezes as you dine al fresco; we offer something for every taste. Serving new American cuisine, using the highest quality ingredients; we practice a no boundaries approach to flavors and techniques. We support our local farmers and pride ourselves with a philosophy based on consistency, creativity, innovation and inspiration. Latitude 41 is truly a destination dining experience.
New York City, New York
“Charming & delicious dinner”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had dinner tonight at Latitude 41. We chose to eat in the Restaurant, rather than the Tavern. The hostess seated us right in front of the fireplace, which was glowing and very comfortable. Our waitress, Celina, was charming and efficient. She let us know that bottles of wine were half-price tonight and that we could take home what we didn't drink. This allowed me to order a bottle of wine just a little higher than I might have, and next time, even if it isn't half-price, I'll have the same wine. Good business. We both had the fresh cod. I had mashed potatoes, my husband had the au gratin. We shared a bowl of beef barley soup - originally he was having it, but he shared with me. I had an apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert and he had espresso. The setting is elegant yet comfortable, the art is maritime and it is perfect for Mystic. I highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2013

Providence, Rhode Island
“Great place for meeting up with friends”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Met with old and new friends here on a week night in the Tavern part of the restaurant. They have an excellent selection of craft beers. I really enjoyed the Shipyard Monkey fist IPA. The vibe here is excellent for gathering with a small group. This is contrasted well with the much more intimate large seating area in the restaurant portion of this establishment.

As for the food, I found the prosciutto flat bread for an appetizer very satisfying along with the fish and chips. My friends had the lobster pot pie, which they really enjoyed. The bread served was very fresh with probably some of the creamiest butter I have ever had. The portions are quite large so no one will go away hungry.

I would say the prices are fair for the quality of food and superb atmosphere.

I highly recommend trying this place for any occasion.

• Visited December 2013
“Great function location”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I experienced the restaurant as part of an afternoon family function. The room we were in was spacious and very light with beautiful views. The food was buffet-style and very good. The staff was amazing, very attentive and accommodating. I would definitely return for dinner if I were in the area again!

Milford, Connecticut
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had our son & daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner on Friday & the Sunday Brunch after the wedding. The food & service was excellent & the ambiance was great, would love to go there again.

Visited December 2013
“Excellence”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Brought my business associates to dinner at this Restaurant and was so pleased with the atmosphere, service and the expansive selection of menu and wine options. Food was delicious and everyone enjoyed the experience. Will return every time I am in town for business.