“Awesome Food - would have been perfect if lunch was not 3 hours long”

Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in a newly renovated 19th century landmark on the shores of the Mystic River, our welcoming ambiance captures a fresh essence of the maritime experience. Natural hues surround a unique combination of historical and contemporary elements including extraordinary photographs from the Rosenfeld Collection. Choose to dine in one of our main dining rooms, gather with family or friends for casual fare in our classic tavern, warm yourself near one of our fireplaces or enjoy cool river breezes as you dine al fresco; we offer something for every taste. Serving new American cuisine, using the highest quality ingredients; we practice a no boundaries approach to flavors and techniques. We support our local farmers and pride ourselves with a philosophy based on consistency, creativity, innovation and inspiration. Latitude 41 is truly a destination dining experience.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stopped at Latitude 41 on the way home from Rhode Island for a father's day lunch. The server told us we would have to wait 15 minutes for food because the staff was very busy. After 30 minutes of waiting we were finally aknowledged and drinks were served. The food was amazing and the entire meal would have been perfect if everything was served in a timely manner. The waitress was very apologetic and the manager did come at the end of the meal to offer her apologies as well. Some of the drinks were taken off the bill but we actually had to walk off some off the wine before continuing on our trip. We would definately eat here again but I guess we will make sure we have enough time. One bonus to this restaraunt is our sons had pleanty of space to run around while we waited - if it was not for that we would have just left.

1  Thank rydian9
kerry0776, General Manager at Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

I am so sorry for your wait. Please come back so we can make it right for you.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a fantastic meal for Father's Day! Of course! Had the Latitude burger and some oysters, a salmon wrap and a market salad. Kerry, the manager, even came over and talked to us...considering how busy it was in there we were really impressed with how hard everyone was working to make sure everyone got attention even after the meal was served and of course the food was fresh and delicious, as always.
If you are in Mystic you MUST go to Latitude 41!

2  Thank Caroline C
kerry0776, General Manager at Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank-You for your wonderful review. Please come see us often.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was Fathers Day 2013, my wife and kids took me to lunch to a place we go all the time, Latitude 41. Today was unlike our past experiences as the food was cold and our service was slow. But, Kerry Latham, the Opts Mgr came to the recue. She explained to us that the kitchen became overwhelmed and appolgized over and over. We told her about the cold food and poor service. She immediatley reduced our check said she will deal with our server. She made my Fathers Day experience wonderful and proved to us that the great food and high quality service we have come expect was driving from the top! We will come back as this place is to good to let one bad experience ruin our overall enjoyment with Latitude 41. I want to personally thank Kerry for taking her time out of a very busy day and treat us like we were the only family their today!!!

2  Thank Michael D
kerry0776, General Manager at Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank You so much for spending Fathers Day with us. Please come back and see us.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have travelled to Mystic a number of times over the years, and although the food is always food and the seafood always fresh, I have never had a "great" meal - until this weekend! I was hesitant to go to Latitude 41 since the predecessor was not high on my list of restaurants visited in Mystic. However, I am so glad I gave the restaurant a shot. The restaurant itself was laid out beautifully, including the bar and the outdoor seating area. We sat inside, which was fine. The waiter (Joel) was very kind, and very helpful. But the most important thing I want to mention was the amazing meal. The appetizer of Tuna tartare was great, but my meal of fresh ocean salmon with fiddleheads was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I consider myself a bit of a foodie, so for me to admit this meal was the BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. Everything from the seasoning, the crust on the salmon and the freshness of all of the ingredients summed up to be phenomenal. Even the mashed cauliflower I picked off of my husband's dinner was extraordinary. Please visit soon - you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Emily S
kerry0776, Manager at Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank- You for taking the time to write us. I`m so glad you loved everything. Come by and see again when your in town.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have traveling with my wife and my sons to Mystic Seaport. For memorial weekend and we found this Restaurant very convenient for us to eat,his location is great because you don't have to leave the seaport. The waitress name was Stephanie,she impressed us with her big smile and friendly face. She recommended the seafood. The GIANT hotdog for my son. Chicken fingers for my other son which they loved. Great service we recommend and hope to come back.