“Great Salads!”

Steak Loft
Ranked #27 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mystic's best steakhouse and top seafood restaurant are one and the same.Voted Connecticut Magazine's Reader's Choice Award for Best Steak everyyear since 1983! And our fresh seafood selections and create-your-own salad bar are just as delicious. Come visit us in the Olde Mistick Village for great food, great drinks and live entertainment in our Lounge!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Salad bar was wonderful.. Fresh and nice variety. Hostess wasn't clear about seating directions saying if you want salad bar go to right room, if dinner to left???????Told to seat ourselves...but that applies only at the huge bar.. too many directions! Ordered shish kebob *$20) and it was pretty good, nice flavor but a little tough. Husbands fried shrimp ($ 21) were greasy (not cooked at proper temp). For the price, this was a mediocre meal.

There are newer reviews for Steak Loft

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just returned from Mystic. Had dinner at steak loft approx. 5:45 p.m. Were out of two entrees requested, therefore had to chose higher priced entrée which was Delmonico steak. Food was terrible. Way overpriced for the meager portion. Salad bar was decent. Definite tourist trap. Have been to Abe & Louie's, Morton's, etc. same price, no comparison. Would not recommend the Steak Loft.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Um..not! Ok for dinner it looked like but not a happening crowd. We are 53 and 54 and felt like we were at a senior citizens dance hall. Music not our style for just having drinks.
Also, very dark in there..do they ever go up and clean all the paraphernalia in the loft?

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were so looking forward to having dinner at a steak house. Unfortunately, other than the traditional dim lit rooms and salad bar, the steaks itself were a disappointment. My mom's prime rib was fatty, as was my filet mignon and wasn't as tender as you'd expect for a filet. Waitress staff was nice. We did go off peak season, so perhaps we can give this loft another try during the summer season.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've eaten here almost every time we've been to Mystic, and I've often recommended the Steak Loft. Maybe they were having an off night, but this visit was just awful.
We were seated in the dining area behind the bar, which we've never been in. There's a salad bar in there too, which the hostess assured us was the same as the one in the main room. It had nowhere near the selection of items.
The service absolutely dragged, but the place certainly wasn't packed, so I have no idea why.
I ordered my steak medium-well and it was delivered rarer than my dining partner's medium-rare steak was cooked. I had to send it back to be 're-cooked', which I hate to do. My baked potato was fine - his baked stuffed potato was very dry.
Prices have increased, too, so all in all, I'm sorry to report that this was an expensive and not particularly pleasant visit.

Been to Steak Loft? Share your experiences!