“Still thinking about that steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Steak Loft

Steak Loft
Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mystic's best steakhouse and top seafood restaurant are one and the same.Voted Connecticut Magazine's Reader's Choice Award for Best Steak everyyear since 1983! And our fresh seafood selections and create-your-own salad bar are just as delicious. Come visit us in the Olde Mistick Village for great food, great drinks and live entertainment in our Lounge!
Southeastern CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still thinking about that steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Although I haven't been there in a while, the steak was perfectly cooked and sooo tasty! Dessert not bad either.

Visited March 2012

Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Always great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

A old standby when you want great food, the salad bar is great and the steaks melt in your moutn, little pricey but worth the money, they have entertainment in the lounge on the weekends.

Visited February 2012
Mystic, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing & Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a disappointment. My husband and I went here for our anniversary; we haven't been in years and we remembered it as being very good. What a mistake we made.

Our waitress was very nice, but that was the only good thing about our experience. The salad bar is old & tired with very few fresh veggies for the actual salad; it's mostly cold & greasy pasta salads. My husband's steak was unseasoned and chewy. My broiled scallops were gritty and also burnt on the top, as was the completely bland twice-baked potato. I actually needed to use my knife to break through the top of the potato.

We each ordered dessert; carrot cake and a tuxedo cake, both of which tasted frozen and thawed. Definitely not homemade.

With a rum & coke for him and a glass of wine for me, this all came to &110 after tip. What a waste of money.

• Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The steaks available here were very good and the prices were reasonable. The apple crisp with ice cream is phenomenal!

Visited October 2012
Madison, Connecticut
“Stringy Steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Steak Loft in Mystic Ct, is a large retaurant with the usual steakhouse dark panel decor. The steaks we ordered were, we agreed, stringy and not really restaurant quality,unless your restaurant is Bob's Big Boy. Steak fries were thick and crisp but tasteless.

There isn't much else to say. I read in another review that the writer had loved the scallops, so the next time I find myself at the Steak Loft I'll try them and write another review if necessary. It's not always possible to judge a restaurant on one visit, but I do so anyway.

Decent service, decent cocktails, but the overall meal was lacking.

• Visited October 2012