“Read the great reviews, decided to try...”
Review of Pizzetta

Pizzetta
Ranked #29 of 100 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Baltimore
“Read the great reviews, decided to try...”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We read all of the great reviews of this place and since we were in the area we would stop in for lunch. Unfortunately we never got to try the food. After waiting by the sign that indicated "wait to be seated" we were told to pick any clean table and they would bring up menus. 15 minutes later and no menus, we left. Very disappointing, based on my one experience I will not be back.

2 Thank bnelson77

Bradenton, Florida
“Very good pizza. Be patient.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On an impromptu road trip from New Hampshire, we ended up in Mystic, CT around dinner time. When we turned onto Water Street to go to a parking area, I could smell garlic in the air. Always inviting in my book.

After parking the car, we walked the downtown area and many restaurants had long waits. But, there was that garlic aroma again. We followed it to Pizzetta. This restaurant has a strange layout. On the ground level, you can go to the back of the building for patio dining. It was a nice evening, so this is what we attempted to do. There were four parties ahead of us, putting the wait time at about 25 minutes. We have learned to be adaptable and patient in our travels. So, we went back out to the front of the building and went inside. It was near empty when we asked if we could sit at the small bar area. It was very warm inside, but I was sitting with the air conditioner to my right. There were others that came inside after we arrived and the inside quickly filled.

We were waited on promptly for our drinks (there isn't a bartender) by our waitress. My wife had a Blue Moon beer after ordering a local blueberry beer that was out of stock. So, she settled for a safe standby. I love trying local craft beers when traveling. My choice of the night was a Whisker'd Wit by the Beer'd Brewing Company in Stonington, CT. The beer was a perfect pairing with the Margarita pizza. Plenty for two to share. Fresh ingredients and NOT greasy. Pizzetta offers thin crust pizza.

Our service was prompt, but I can see by the posts of others that it's not always this way. I'm certain timing is everything. It was busy, but being adaptable and patient (not in a hurry), we had no issues. We would definitely go back. There are many choices of pizza places in Mystic.

norfolk
“Excellent pizza, don't go anywhere else”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've been looking for great gourmet pizza since we arrived here 2 months ago. I tried a few places and almost gave up. I'm not one for a deep dish, greasy pizza. I like fresh ingredients, Eco-friendly ingredients, and above all else, it has to be delicious. Now that I found my pizza joint, I can rest easy! I will warn you, Mystic is a hoppin' little town on a summer weekend and it was very busy. And the restaurant didn't have enough servers so it was slow. Our server was nice but the poor thing had so many tables she couldnt keep up. I wouldn't say the service was "poor" it was "sparse." So maybe carry out? Like I said, service wasn't great but the pizza was so good, I really didn't care. I'll be back very soon!

“AWFUL”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

service was terrible. Waitress was not friendly, not interested to be at her place of work. Long wait for our food, that was not that good.

• Visited June 2013
Mamaroneck, New York
“Great Pizza and An Outdoor Setting”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Brisk service in a cozy, outdoor setting. The menu has expanded to include an extensive gluten-free selection. The pizza is thin-crust pizza with delicious toppings. More than one-half of the outdoor dining area (away from the bustling kitchen and bussing area) had been reserved for a large party, who arrived about the time we had finished dining. Apparently friends of the proprietor, who himself stood and talked with several of the large party guests for the better part of an hour to the exclusion of all else. When members of the party arrived, all the three young servers had been sequestered to serve them, and ignored all other dining guests. We finally grabbed one (not our server) in order to get our check. They have open mike entertainment every night except Wednesdays, and performers are hit-and-miss. Not a bad idea to sell drinks, but sharply impedes dining service. Consistently good, but now pricier. Best for a younger, local, single crowd.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Pizzetta? Share your experiences!