“Great coffee”
Review of Bartleby's Cafe

Bartleby's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Mystic
Cuisines: Soups
Description: Freshly brewed estate coffees and full espresso bar. We have 30 different kinds of tea, sandwiches and wraps and desserts.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Mystic for a mini vacation. The coffee at our hotel was terrible and I was desperate for a good cup of coffee. Bartleby's stepped up and more than delivered. Had we not had plans for the day I could've easily stayed all day , drinking coffee and reading.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We ducked in here recently when in town for a cup of coffee in the afternoon. What we found was an unwelcoming vibe, weird seating arrangements, and so-so coffee. The whole experience was just plain bizarre.

4  Thank MaineTravel50
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The latte was average, the atmosphere distinctly lacking, and the service poor. On arriving I noticed a pumpkin latte advert on the door so asked what special coffees they had. The response?: "I just got on my shift, I don't even know what the house blend is today". No effort to ask the other staff there, or offer any other help. Barely a smile, and no help offered given I was carrying a heavy baby (such as bringing the drink to the table, or opening the door for m pram etc). The other clients were friendly but the staff here really let the place down.

3  Thank Diamond_Snowflake
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Still searching for good hot chocolate.....
Asked about how they made it here - was told with good quality chocolate mix and steamed milk so ordered a small one.
Base may have been good quality but it didn't taste very nice - very sweet and more of a chocolate fondant taste than cocoa.
Partner reported coffee was fine.
Service was fast, friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Onlynamefree
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Kind of grubby and poor service. They had iced tea, but no lemons, si Had to buy the nasty bottled iced tea. Grab your lunch elsewhere.

1  Thank RadarOreilly