“The restaurant was recommended by other diners”
Review of S & P Oyster Co

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We happened upon S & P and were told by diners leaving the restaurant that "everythng was delicious". We decided to try it. Our server Clare was Outstanding. She gave us great advice while ordering and superior service throughout. I also love the way the server write their names on the table for you. Nice touch. We started with an excellent salad. Then, we had two of their "signature" dishes that were exceptional, definitely exceeded our expectations. The atmosophere in the evening was romantic, with beautiful views and a great color scheme.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,502)

Reviewed July 18, 2010

My friend and I had no kids and went to CT for weekend. We ended up taking a sailing tour our last day and were dying for a nice place to eat, good location and good steak. Some locals on the boat, did not recommend this place as the owner is "not a local". We were starving, so decided to try it.

It was packed on memorial weekend, but didn't wait more than 20 minutes for a table outside. While we waited at the upstairs lounge, the bar area was cramped and the bartenders were beyond busy (for sunday at 1 pm). So we ordered a glass of wine and a pina colada and it cost 25.00.. INSANE!

We sat outside near water which was nice. We were waited on promptly, but once our order was taken the waiter got lost, so we didn't get any water till after our dinner came, then he got lost again while waiting for bill. My friend got a seafood bake which she loved, I got a ribeye with something on top that I was less than pleased with. For a 19.00 steak, I would have liked it to taste better than it did, it was small and lacking flavor, even with a chili type topping.

Overall, it was a nice place, but its cramped inside and plan on waiting for a long time for dinner and pass on the steak. Oh and plan on paying the price of a meal for a couple of drinks.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Had the broiled seafood platter and sat upstairs at the bar. Great view.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

My family of four had wonderful food at a table overlooking the water. It was an excellent meal.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

I stopped in for a drink and possibly an appetizer but left as soon as I could finish my drink. Basically, the upstairs head Bartender was angry with the two other bartenders, I think one was new and needed help and the other young woman looked irritated and pouty. The head bartender was short and unfriendly to me and I wondered if I was being a bit oversensitive. A woman than sat next to me and ordered a drink and the bartender proceeded to be curt with her. Though I felt bad for her I at least felt my original insticts were intact. The place looked unhappy and dysfunctional. I've waited tables, tended bar and been in enough places to know this place was unhappy.
On the bright side, had a great meal at the Daniel Packer Inn down the street, great food great service. Nice Place

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!