“Worked out the kinks”

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed October 30, 2009

My family and I visited S&P in the beginning of August and had a challenging experience getting seated. There were open tables throughout the restaurant and the wait was very long. There was a feeling of chaos throughout the restaurant! The server stated that the management was trying out a new seating system. My husband and I felt like this may be an excuse, however, we gave the restaurant another try this past Saturday evening. Upon arriving, we were pleased to not feel the chaos previously felt. The restaurant was very busy, an hour wait. After we checked in with the hostess we were asked where we would wait, and skeptically stated that we would be at the bar. Within an hour, a hostess found us at the bar and sat us at a wonderful table. It seems as if they have worked out all of the details and have added a very personal touch to their seating procedure instead of the loud and obnoxious name calling in place before!!

Reviewed October 25, 2009

We try to stop here if we are in the area, once or twice a year. It is still the best restaurant that I have tried in Mystic. We stopped in the other day and both my wife and I had tuna on our dishes, both ordered medium rare - mine was perfect, my wife's closer to well, which struck me as odd. Aside from that oddity everything was well prepared (the lobster bisque needs more sherry!).

All in all the restaurant is consistently good but not outstanding.

Reviewed October 21, 2009

Tried to get into Bravo Bravo and the wait was too long so we tried S&P - great choice. The food was wonderful, local and fresh and my friend devoured the special bread in the bread basket. We ended up buying a loaf for her to take home! Lovely views if you sit in the back up the stairs!

1  Thank silverbay
Reviewed October 20, 2009

It's located right by the river with great scenery and outdoor seatings.
The oysters are very fresh and outstanding. The clam chowders are so yummy that I had to order another one. The best is still the lobster roll. They make it the right way with righ ingredients.
The only drawback is that it is a bit pricy.

1  Thank legend2x
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We had lunch on the 2nd floor and even though it was raining, nothing could spoil such a beautiful setting. The foccacia is great, salmon - wonderful. Even the burger was excellent. But, the real show stopper was the flourless chocolate cake---so light, not at all dense...could really compete w/desserts at Pastiche in Providence.