“Good Food / Great View” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of S & P Oyster Co

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Iselin, NJ
“Good Food / Great View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

I visted this place five years ago. I had such a good experiance then, that I didn't think it would be matched. I am pleased to say I had another wonderful meal. The view is priceless. I'll be back.

“Can't beat the view! Priced to be more than a casual night out but you'll find fresh, local seafood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2009

worcester, ma.
“Mmmmmm in Mystic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

First visit here, excellent lobster bisque, chowder, chicken wrap and lobster tail salad. We thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, waterfront view was beautiful from the upstairs seating. Our server was informed and pleasant. Can't wait to return.

New london, ct
“My favorite place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2008

Every time we come to Mystic we try a new restaurant, but I have
to say S&P Oyster Co. is by far the best! the food is amazing and the service is always out standing!! So if you've been to mystic and haven't been to S&P Oyster Co. YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!!!!!

2 Thank dickie1031
Connecticut
“Atmosphere GREAT, food OKAY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

I agree wholeheartedly that you will be hard pressed to find a better location - for view of the Mystic River. Waiting is long, with the feeling that they want you there for a while. I suppose it's much better than being rushed, but service seems a bit detached.

One of my greatest pet peeves is the "Memory Waitress/Waiter" that doesn't write down orders, especially when something is completely forgotten - an appetizer of fresh oysters. It was fun to hear the list of varieties available, nice to order some, but no fun at all to have them forgotten as the waitress played memory game with two other tables before submitting our order. They weren't on the bill, and lunch was substantial and okay (after accepting the "upgrade" offer from potato chips to french fries. Weird.) Odd custom of waiter(s) writing their names with crayon on paper covered table top.

I'd rather she had written my order down on a pad instead.

Order something uncomplicated, and bring a boat load of patience. And rather pricey, as well.

1 Thank Taxitan

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!