“Nice spot.”

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Restaurant is an upscale design with a wonderful menu. Comfortable surroundings and located on the water.

There are newer reviews for S & P Oyster Co

Reviewed September 2, 2014

My husband and I recently ate dinner at S&P during a weekend trip to Mystic. The meal was delicious! We tried the mussels, scallops, and seafood ambrosia, and everything was wonderful. If you are a small group, do not be frightened off by the long wait times when you call for priority seating. We were told 2 hours but were able to walk in and be seated immediately at a cocktail table out on the patio. Fancy seating was not important to us, so it worked out great - plus we were able to enjoy the water views. Their cocktails were great too - try some of the signature drinks!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

The setting of this restaurant (overlooking the water and drawbridge) is lovely... but the food is outstanding. We had to wait awhile for a seat as we didn't have reservations but is was well worth it. I had the best scallops I've ever had (outside of Nova Scotia) . We split the bread pudding dessert which was fabulous but more than generous. If you can't get a place to park in their lot (which is small) you have to drive around a bit to find one but we were successful about 1/2 a block away.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We arrived on Labor Day eve around 7:30 pm...as usual told of 40 minute wait for patio...I said...okay I'll take inside by the glass or patio...they called my cell to come back only 10 minutes later...around 7:50 to say our table inside was ready. We scurried back( the hostess had told me to come back at 8:20) only to be server by the most dead-pan server ever. This woman could not wait to go home...I understand...it was Labor Day...THEY NEED TO CLOSE on holidays since most of the employees did not want to be there working! As she served the table behind me she rested her buttocks on my back...I said excuse me...this did not faze her...I had to move the table to keep her off me. The fish was good...too charred however...portion was WAY Too SMALL for the price...salad was good...but also way too expensive. Been there before for similar...won't go back. The one star is for the view of river.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We had lunch a few days ago as we always loved this place and were excited to be back. It was a late lunch and we were seated immediately at my favorite table upstairs facing the river. What an amazing view - just can't be beat. We had a couple of excellent drinks and ordered lunch. The service was friendly and efficient. My memory was that the food was a little better the last time we visited – but everything was still very good – and I would go back in an instant. This place does get really crowded - so we were glad we opted for a late lunch. The floor was a tad dirty but perhaps they were really busy that day. It was - after all - labor day weekend. Still one of my favorite spots. I continue to love that they have paper & crayons on the tables for the kids.

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!