“Lovely Place and meal”

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Had a wonderful Lobster bisque, and should have gotten the bowl! Lobster Alfredo was very good as well, and wife's salad (sorry, too many types to remember) was excellent for her. Great views for people watching along side the river and drawbridge. We sat outside on the patio, but have liked dining inside as well. Certainly one of the best spots to eat in an area with quite a few choices.

There are newer reviews for S & P Oyster Co

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I dined here on Saturday, August 10. We were celebrating our 12th anniversary. Our friends recommended it. We sat inside, but when I return I would sit out on the beautiful landscaped patio. This restaurant has a beautiful view of the Mystic River. The chef prepared us the Shrimp and Grits appetizer which was spectacular. I had the Day Boat cod which was cooked to perfection. The fish melted in your mouth. My husband had the Tuna which was cooked rare, which is to his liking. He raved about the Asian flavors and perfectly cooked tuna. They had a good wine list and some great cocktails. We would definitely return to this restaurant the next time we're in the Mystic area.

spoyster, Guest Relations Manager at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. We have shared your lovely review with our Chef as well. Next time you plan on dining with us, be sure to let me know and I will get you a spot on our priority seating list for the patio.
Thank you again.

Allison Socha

Reviewed August 11, 2014

After a trip to the aquarium, what better way to end the day than a trip to S&P. Fortunately we left plenty of time to reach the restaurant only usually a 5 minute trip, but this day was the annual artist festival causing extremely slow traffic to travel the final 1/2 mile. If there was or is any negative thing to say it is that parking is at a premium this time of year but side street parking was available with a short walk.
Arriving an hour prior to our reservation, the staff moved us up in the queue and we were seated within 15 minutes on the patio. Just enough time to sample a great sangria and the local Shipyard beer.
Seated right along the waterfront with a nice breeze made for great ambiance. Unlike some patio dining we have experienced, the tables, chairs and grounds were immaculate and comfortable. Our service was prompt and the waiter team made sure we had timely and excellent service, insuring our every want was taken care of.
The appetizer of Prince Edward Island mussels were clean, meaty but not chewy, with a light wine and garlic broth. The clam chowder was among the best I have had, prompting me to try the lobster bisque on our next visit.
My entrée was the Bouillabaisse, which was a plentiful mixture of seafood including shrimp, cod, salmon, tuna, mussels, and calamari in a slightly spicy stew broth. The lobster meat was not chewy which sometimes I have found to be the case in other eating establishments where I have ordered this same selection. Some could find the savory spicing a little bit too much, so if you like less spice you should mention it when you order. The selection is a great choice. Others in the party ordered the Seafood Ambrosia which was a generous mix of seafood baked with a very light breaded seafood stuffing and whipped potatoes served piping hot in a skillet. The mix of seasonal veggies were cooked to perfection.
A great NY cheesecake selection with raspberry sauce was a generous slice easily enough to share with the entire party.
Of course the menu is on the pricy side but every course was well worth the price. This will certainly become a favorite place to dine when we are in the Mystic area or even worth the 1-1/2 hour drive for a special event.
S&P Oyster Company

Gift Certificates
Community

Careers

Dear Traveler,

I would like to thank you for your fantastic and detailed review of our restaurant. Your kinds words were shared with our entire staff. We look forward to you seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to ensure a spot on our priority seating list.
Thank you again.

Allison Socha

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I thought it crazy to pay $23 for Mac and Cheese until it was served. 7 different cheeses and almost as much lobster meat as macoroni. It was wonderful. On the down side, parking is non existant. During any meal time the tiny parking lot is imposible. A short walk is worth the experience.

1  Thank lriggs8
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I had lunch in July with my family upstairs at a table by the window and it was wonderful. The service was great and quick. The food was amazing. My aunts both had a special with a tilapia and I had the chicken tostada. I am looking forward to visiting this restaurant again since I live locally.

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!