“Superb food in Mystic”

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went there for lunch on a recent trip to the States. Food was absolutely fabulous, I had prawns, scallops, crab and cod in a skillet pan piped with mashed potato- cost just over £10- have paid over twice as much before for comparable food. Setting is idyllic, had a table outside right by the river, although there is an option to sit inside if the weather is not so fine. Very popular restaurant but only had to wait 10 minutes for a table for two, probably would have had to have waited longer for a larger table, not sure about booking procedure as we turned up "on speck". Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,477)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were recommended to this restaurant by a local merchant. The meal was amazing. We both ordered seafood which was beyond fresh and perfectly prepared. The wine was outstanding. The service was fast and friendly. The harbor view from this colorful garden patio was gorgeous.

All in all it was one the best restaurant meals that I have had in a very long time.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

$33 lobster tails entree was cold & a joke. Shrmp risotto was an insult like glue & also cold. 30 minutes with no water or silverware. Asked for manager who was as rude the waitress. Only saving grace was waiter justin applogized for all. Save your money & eat elsewhere. You can still enjoy the harbor park & water views.

1  Thank StoneCrabEnthusiasts
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went in for dinner a few weekends ago. First of all, call ahead for the preferred seating. We were seated within minutes of arriving while others were still waiting. Our server was pleasant and knowledgable. The food was great. My husband had a delicious lobster risotto and my tuna was among the best I have had. A must stop if you are in Mystic.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The hostess welcomed my mom and me with a nice smile and demeanor. The young lady who seated us waited patiently while my mom was in the restroom. At no time did we feel rushed. Our two waiters were very friendly and our food was hot and fresh. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!!

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!