“Exceptional service!”

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Wayzata, Minnesota
“Exceptional service!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are only in the area for a short time and wanted to try the local favorite. While my meal was great my wife's lobster Mac&cheese was a bit dry. The manager comped the meal and bought us a dessert. I would absolutely go back.

Visited June 2014

“Food was very good service could have been better.”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We wish our server had not forgotten to tell us about the specials we definitely would have ordered one of them. Food was very good. Took way to long to get our dessert to go.

spoyster, Guest Relations Manager at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. Although you gave us four out of five stars, we can’t help but focus on what you didn't like from this past visit. I am sorry that your server did not share specials with you. We understand that our guests are excited to hear about Chef’s daily creations. If for any reason specials are not shared, we are sure to address it immediately.

All of our desserts are hand-cut to order and do take a few minutes prepare. We hope that you found them delicious. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, feel free to contact me, Allison Socha at sales@sp-oyster.com or at 860-536-2674. I would like understand more about your experience.

Thank you again for your time and candor. Safe travels to you and yours.

Allison Socha
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Delicious meal with a view!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Enjoyed the view with the delicious food! Our servers, Lisa and Daniel, accommodated our needs for low salt and were very pleasant and tuned in to us without being intrusive. The parking lot is a plus!

• Visited June 2014
New York
“Beautiful view, less so the food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This restaurant is perfectly located right on the river and within steps of the famous drawbridge of Mystic. The setting is absolutely perfect for a family lunch, romantic dinner, you name it.
The food? Not so much. I ate there a couple of times and both times I was disappointed by the quality of product(tiny oysters for example) or food prep that was not great.
The place is expensive, a lot more expensive than it should considering the quality of the food. Go during lunch, have a beer and enjoy the sun. Then go elsewhere to have lunch

Visited August 2013
New Paltz, NY
“Whats all the fuss about?”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to S & P on a pretty busy Thursday night based on TA #1 status and was disappointed. It has a lovely view of the water and I was seated pretty quickly without a reservation. I only ordered soup and a salad after I was told they were out of the 3 things I wanted. Lobster bisque was very thick but tasty. Arugula mango feta salad lacked all three items it claimed to have. No arugula but other mixed greens instead, 4 soggy bits of mango, and the feta was so light it looked like parmesan cheese. I thought it was hard to mess up soap and salad but was proven wrong here. Overall it was not horrible and the wine and view saved the rating. I would not return.

• Visited June 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your recent review of our restaurant. I took the time to look through your reviews of other establishments and find them well-balanced. We appreciate your honesty with this past visit. I am sorry that our avocado and mango salad did not meet your expectations.

The avocado and mango salad is a popular dish among our patrons. It is a mix of mesclun, arugula, mango, and queso fresco cheese with a green chili vinaigrette dressing garnished with a crispy plantain. We shared your review with Chef Cobena and he has made an alteration to the presentation to the mango on that salad.

If you would be willing to reach out to me directly, I would like to understand more about this visit. You can reach me at sales@sp-oyster.com or at 860-536-2674. Thank you again and safe travels to you and your family.

Allison Socha

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!