“Overrated! Used to be great, but has changed in past couple of years”
Review of S & P Oyster Co

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Overrated! Used to be great, but has changed in past couple of years”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We used to love this place -it ranked high on location, food and service. Our recent visits however have fallen flat and have not been good experiences, which is a shame since there aren't many similar options in the area.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank PS305
spoyster, Director of Sales at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to see that your recent visits have been below average. It is certainly most embarrassing and something that we do not take lightly. On behalf of all at S&P Oyster Company, we apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Over the past 23 years, we have built our reputation one guest at a time. If at any point a customer is unhappy with their food or service, we do everything we can to work quickly and swiftly to ensure they leave satisfied and full.

After reviewing your submission, we cannot pin point exactly where we fell short. We use all of our reviews, surveys, and social media to move our business forward to provide all of our guests with a seamless dining experience. There are times where we do fall short; however, our focus immediately shifts on how we can turn any negative situation into a positive and happy experience.

If you would be willing to reach out to me directly, I would be most happy to listen and understand our specific shortcomings that you incurred on these past visits. You can reach me at 860-536-2674 or by emailing me at rachel@sp-oyster.com. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Rachel Lenda
Director of Sales and Marketing

North Stonington, Connecticut
“Simply amazing!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is one of our favorite places to go out lunch or dinner. Amazing food! The staff is very attentive and welcoming!

• Visited February 2014
pawcatuck
“Beautiful Location, Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband, daughter and I dined at S & P Oyster Company to celebrate our daughter’s birthday. What an experience we had seated upstairs at a window table facing the Mystic River. The location was breathtaking. Our servers Chris and Gerta who were attentive and had an extensive knowledge of the menu. We started with the Spicy Calamari and Spinach Artichoke Dip which were delicious. I ordered the Seafood Ambrosia, my husband the Baked Cod and daughter the Chilean Sea Bass. All of our entrees were flavorful and a great value for the money spent. We will defiantly return to replicate our experience in the near future. Thank you to the Chef, Chris and Gerta for making our experience so memorable!

Ledyard, Connecticut
“Always a Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Always enjoy dining at S & P. great food for the price and excellent service. Enjoy the views at sunset of the Mystic River. My favorites are the clam chowder, sea scallops and shrimp scampi.
For dessert, their bread pudding with ameretto sauce.

Chatsworth, Illinois
“Great food great service&”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner there and lovedit. The waiters give a fulldescription of the specials and how the entres are put together. The food was delicious, and I don't have a large margin of error whenit comes to sea food. We even tried each other's dishes to sample. She had the swordfish. I had the seafood mac&cheese. If you are in Mystic, go there.

• Visited April 2014

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!