“locals like this place”
Review of Go Fish

Go Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Go Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 103 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coogan Blvd & Clara Dr
Description: The Freshest Fish This Side of the Shoreline! Enjoy Mystic's best seafood any way you want it … raw or cooked. Dine on the freshest sushi and raw bar selections; carefully grilled, roasted, steamed, seared or Cajun-blackened fish; creative salads, pastas and stews; or beef and poultry entrees. Enjoy all of this in a visually eclectic sea of murals, mobiles, sculpture, paintings, blown glass, and neon by regional artists. Go Fish – a thoroughly fresh experience.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food is pretty good, but it is a little pricey. Located in Olde Mistick shopping village. It always seems to be busy.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have driven by here a million times and heard great things and finally had a chance to stop in. We had our 2 year old daughter with us and didn't know what to expect. Walking to the door it looked very upscale and I was not sure this was the place with an active 2 year old. It was a Wed night and they were not too crowded so we went it. The first thing that jumps out is the decor. There is a great mix of blwon glass fish a giant fish wall which is very colorful and neat fish stuff everywhere. We chose to sit in the sushi bar which is less formal. Sushi is served in both the main dining room and the sushi bar.

Service was great and I was happy to discover they had Magic Hat #9 on tap. They had a great raw bar selection and we started with 4 types of oysters. My wife had a south beach cosmo which was incredible. The kids menu had a good mix on it at a reasonable price and the atmosphere in Sushi bar let her get down and do some dancing and walking around with no issues. The local oysters were good. Very fresh and the minot sauce was good with onion in it. We also did a few Sushi rolls. The special was a mango crab roll which was good and we did a California roll as well. Everything was fresh and very understated in sauces and spices. My wife who enjoys a lot of spices thought it was bland. I enjoyed it. Looking at the layout and the location being so close to the Mystic Aquarium I think they can have a wait on weekends. The service was excellent and prices were reasonable, they have a diverse menu with lots of different seafood options. We will go back again. .

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was great. Nice wine selection. Don't expect fried clams with fries. Location was convenient - Olde Mistick Village - near the aquarium.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

One this about sushi is you want fresh fish and that what you get here. A little pricey but what if you want good food than it's worth it.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Got to Olde Mistick Village just before everything was closing, and the place I wanted to dine at was closed. Go Fish was the only place that was open.

I had the fish and chips. The fish was average, and the fries were not very good.

The restaurant is enormous in size. I sat closer to the windows, but it was still a little dark inside.

It was okay, but I wouldn't go back there.

Been to Go Fish? Share your experiences!