“Creative, quality cuisine”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you are looking for a sophisticated dinner with candlelight atmosphere, this is your place. It is a bit pricey, but the quality of the meal is worth it. I've been here twice for dinner with a small group of business associates. I have found that the appetizer portion is usually big enough to fill me (or leave me just enough room for dessert). On my first visit, I had the Tenderloin Bruscetta as my meal as well as a salad - and it was definitely a complete meal.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This place was top notch! It was recommended by our hotel and we went as a family. We had a three year old and a ten year old history buff with us. Our ten-year old could not stop raving about the historic aspects of the dining room. It is very infrequently that we come across a menu that begs us to order EVERYTHING--it was eclectic and absolutely delicious. It took 20 minutes to decide on appetizers because they all looked so good--it was one of very few times I had to order more than one appetizer just for myself! It was that good. The staff was amazing and very accomodating to our 3-year old (though I am not sure that three-year olds should eat in the upstairs dining room--the tavern downstairs was sold out so we ate with fingers crossed).

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was the perfect New England spot to spend Thanksgiving. The atmosphere, fireplace, service and traditional Thanksgiving meal could not have been more perfect.

2  Thank mlouis7158
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The service we had on Friday after Thanksgiving was extraordinary. The menu includes duck, beef, seafood and other dishes. Portions very generous.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The downstairs is where the locals go. Goid foid and reasonable. Upstairs more formal and slightly higher prices. One I f the oldest pubs in the country I recall.