“Awesome place, great food & drinks”

Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

You can't go wrong here. The basement pub is delightful. The drinks and appetizers are great. They always have nice holiday meals as well and upstairs dining rooms are nice for different occasions.

There are newer reviews for Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub

Reviewed October 31, 2013

On a recent stay in Mystic we had lunch here twice and dinner once. It was good enough to warrant 3 visits! Menu is expansive and offers not only the typical seaside fare, but very creative spins on some old and new classics as well. Portions are generous and prices reasonable for the amount and quality of food served. Busy place on the weekends, so service may slip a bit, but I never felt neglected or rushed. As others have said, the pub is old, quaint and cozy. The dining room looked rather austere when we peeked in on an early afternoon, but on a busy Friday night, it was alive! We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have eaten here several times and the food is always very good. The service in the pub was better than in the restaurant for some reason. I prefer the pub atmosphere anyway. We had to wait a long time this visit to get waited on, then orders taken, then get food. It wasn't that busy either. If it weren't for the fact that we were dining with old friends and catching up, the delay would have been more of an issue. Love the food always. Service is inconsistent.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I were in Mystic and based on Trip Advisor recommendations we stopped at CDPI. The building is quaint and dates back to 1754. Much of the old charm has been preserved. There is a small dining room with about 8 tables and a bar which seats another 10-15. The dining room was filled so we sat at the bar where the service was pleasant and prompt. Being close to the ocean I ordered the lobster roll (16) and my wife ordered ahi tuna with crab cake (15). The tuna was rare and tender but not quite sushi quality. The crab cake was bready. My lobster roll was on a stale roll that was toasted which did not bring it back to life. It was served on slice of lettuce covered with claw and knuckle meat. It had little taste. The hand cut fries were excellent. My wife ordered coffee (2.50) which was like mud. I had a draft beer (5). Maybe we ordered the wrong things because the food experience was underwhelming.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Outstanding restaurant - - - glad to see that it has not changed in the ten years since I last ate here. The inne is an old house converted to a restaurant, so there are several rooms of varying sizes, and the bar is in the basement. Rooms can get a bit noisy/crowded on weekend nights, but the hostess can put you in a smaller room with mostly couples if you ask. Parking is limited. Food was outstanding, from the clam chowder and lobster lollipops to the blackjack sirloin and the key lime pie. Our waitress was cheery, attentive, and helpful, and the four of us had a wonderful time. We will be back soon.