“Great place for dinner with friends or a romantic night out”

Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Durham, North Carolina
“Great place for dinner with friends or a romantic night out”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Outstanding restaurant - - - glad to see that it has not changed in the ten years since I last ate here. The inne is an old house converted to a restaurant, so there are several rooms of varying sizes, and the bar is in the basement. Rooms can get a bit noisy/crowded on weekend nights, but the hostess can put you in a smaller room with mostly couples if you ask. Parking is limited. Food was outstanding, from the clam chowder and lobster lollipops to the blackjack sirloin and the key lime pie. Our waitress was cheery, attentive, and helpful, and the four of us had a wonderful time. We will be back soon.

• Visited September 2013

Redington Beach, Florida
“Good Pub Fare - Downstairs”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a "split personality" place: upstairs, main dining room is fine dining, while downstairs is a sailor's pub. The full menu, however, is available in both locations.

We ate in the pub and had excellent burgers. Good assortment of local and national craft beers in addition to regular brands and a full bar.

The pub was brimming with lots of folks, most of whom seemed to be fairly local. Service was good and efficient, but our server didn't show much personality.

The location is about half-a-mile from downtown Mystic, but it's right on the river so it's not too difficult to find. Parking was a bit of an issue because this place is very popular.

Visited June 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great Place, Family Oriented (at least early on)”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We visited in November 2012 and we had young children 2 and 5. They put us in a separate room (it was a little before prime dinner time), lit the fireplace and the waiter charmed our children and us with tricks and conversation. It was a little pricey but well worth it. It is also is a historical site and the bar down below seemed awesome except we had our kiddies with us. On a nice, fall night in New England, the food and ambiance were just right!

• Visited November 2012
Bridgeport, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on the last evening of our stay in Mystic,CT. We had lamb and steak. The highlight of my husbands evening was the key lime pie. The highlight for me was the exceptional service. The waitress recommended a side of mashed potatoes in case I did not like the side that came with my entre at no charge mind you. Also my lamb was requested medium/well and it was returned no questions asked when received not to my liking. I enjoyed it medium. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary so they gave us a cozy romantic table. Really nice!

• Visited October 2013
Bigfork, Montana
“Kind of disappointed”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I used to frequent the DPI in the 80's, so I was really looking forward to getting back there this month. The service in the pub was disinterested at best, which really affected our experience. Would have gone 4 stars but for the server. The clam chowder was excellent. Kids' meals seem really overpriced for kids- $9 for chicken strips? For the mains, I had the chicken burger and my husband had a fish wrap. Both of us agreed there was too much going on in the dishes- the red pepper and spinach overwhelmed the burger, which had a nice flavor when I picked a piece out specifically so I could taste it. Same with the fish wrap- too many things in the wrap, couldn't enjoy the fish. To sum up, it seems the chef is overly ambitious and the servers are under-ambitious.

• Visited October 2013