“Best Bomber Scallops I have ever tasted!”

Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

On our trip we were telling someone that we had reservations at Daniel Packer. They suggested that we try the Bomber Scallops. There were 5 in our group and we all had the Truffle Bomber Scallops and they were "to die for." Highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you want a comfortable and relaxed casual dinner the Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub is great. We ate in the Pub. It is small but their are plenty of great choices on the menu. I had a Greek salad and my husband, daughter and her boyfriend all had burgers. You have got to try the onion rings because they are the best I have ever had. Fun atmosphere, great food, great time!

1  Thank jamestownrebecca
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stopped by the Daniel Packer Inne for dinner on a recent business trip. I hadn't eaten here in many years and was interested to see if it had changed at all. The bar was packed, but I was able to get right in to the main dining room. The menu has many interesting choices, and the wine list is extensive. I ordered an appetizer and a small portion of a pasta dish. The appetizer was fantastic, but the wait for the main course was much too long. When my meal arrived, it was the wrong dish! The server took it back, then came to apologize for putting in the wrong order. After another long wait, I finally got my meal. The food was outstanding as I had remembered. When I got my bill, I saw I was charged for the full sized portion of the dish, no the smaller portion I ordered. That error, combined with no offer of another glass of wine on the house or a complementary dessert or something to make up for the restaurant's error resulted in my "Poor" rating.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a cozy spot. The pub at street level is a great place to relax, drink, and eat. Sometmees a little loud, but that adds to the ambience. Servers are professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Drinks and food are great and the prices don't hurt.

1  Thank Dennis N
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The is billed a a fine dining restaurant. While the food is the same as you would fine I a upscale place I found it somewhat lacking. We ordered the Osso Buco, which while the meat was good the truffle Mac & cheese was dry and overcooked, On individual in our party also found her meat dry. We were escorted to the third floor dining area, while nice and quiet it was a long climb and we aren't as young as we once were. There were tables on lower levels but they insisted we go up.