“Good Music and Drinks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub

Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Coventry, Connecticut
“Good Music and Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped by DPI for the first time to listen to an acoustic guitar player and get dessert. Unfortunately the kitched closed at 10pm, so dessert was out. However, they have a good beer and wine selection which hit the spot. We listened to James Harris who took request and played a good mix of music. The crowd seemed to be a good mix of locals, regulars, and tourists. Everyone was very friendly and outgoing which made for this to be a great experience.

Taunton, Massachusetts
“I said I was going to try other places, but just couldn't stop Myself from going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is fantastic. Do not go to Mystic and miss it. Go for dinner or for lunch, but go. It's the perfect place for a family meal, a business luncheon, or a date. But I especially recommend it for a couples night out. The menu is varied and each meal is exquisite. The 250 years old colonial building and period decor is quaint and warm and really brings you back in time. The service is impeccable and the prices are really reasonable. Plus, they have live entertainment in the pub downstairs (but you can't hear a think up in the dining room) so it's great to go have a nice meal, then chill in the pub after..

Like I said in the title, when I planned my weekend in Mystic I told myself I'd only eat there once so I could try other places, but I just could not resist going back and ended up having dinner there both Friday and Saturday. The breast of duck dusted with whiskey sugar, with an apricot ginger glaze and candied pecans is like an explosion of flavor in your mouth. The 2nd might I had the Shrimp and Lobster ravioli (busting with seafood). And don't get scared by the sounds of a Lobster Lollipop. It's a fantastic appetiser I really recommend. Lobster claws wrapped in phyllo dough strips skewered and baked golden brown. Dusted lightly with sugar and served with plum Dijon sauce and sweet chili sauce for dipping. Delicious!

Norwalk, CT
“Something for everyone at the pub (in the basement)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a lovely casual early dinner with the kids and grandparents after a big day at the Seaport. Super waiter, full bar, plenty of history and local character. The place was packed on a July Tuesday before 6pm.

• Visited July 2013
nyc
“Fantastic food, atmosphere and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We decided upon the Daniel Packer because it was Recommended by a local combined with tripadvisor reviews. A true treat. Dinner was plentiful (all courses easily shared and split by the chef). The pear salad was very tasty and the scallop special was delectable!! Wine was quite good and very reasonably priced. The waitress(Mary Ellen) was a gem......making suggestions and just super pleasant. Available at all times even though the restaurant was quite busy. The only issue with the restaurant was that the Parking was a bit difficult. Would highly recommend the inn!

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Recommended by a local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were told about this restaurant by a couple we were chatting to when we walked through Mystic looking for somewhere to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Once inside, it reminded me very much of the colonial inns in Williamsburg. We enjoyed our meal, which was served quickly, with a minimum amount of waiting. The coconut crème brulee is a winner! Our server (Madeline) was not very friendly until the end of the meal - possibly remembering that she wanted a gratuity???? In fact I saw her whispering and muttering to another party, which I found unprofessional. The hostess seemed pre-occupied and not particularly customer focused. However the other staff seemed efficient and good at their jobs.

1 Thank Cruella10861