“Great Restaurant - even for a vegetarian!”

Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Restaurant - even for a vegetarian!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was in the Mystic area for business and a few colleagues and myself went to this restaurant. Mystic is known for their seafood and I was a bit hesitatnt since I'm a vegetarian. However, the food was great! There is a section on the menu for vegetarian dishes--I ordered the wild mushroom pesto pasta. It was delicious. The oil and garlic they serve with the bread at the start of the meal was delicious too! The garlic was booked to perfection. All of my colleagues ordered seafood dishes-fruit de mer, lobster ravioli, and scallops and all were very pleased with their choices. They also ate the calamari appetizer that they gobbled up.

The ambience in the restaurant is great too. I think it's in a historical home which was been converted to a restuarant. there are fireplaces throughout the restaurant and the service was great. I was in a party of 5 which there are limited tables that offer seating for 5. We did not have a reservation but they made it work for us. If you're going there regardless of party size, I recommend making a reservation.

I highly recomment this place!

• Visited July 2013

Littleton, Colorado
“Historic tavern with great food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Highly recommended by the B&B we stayed in, the House of 1833, which was the best B&B that we stayed in on our vacation. The historic Tavern was built over 200 years ago and was a tavern and inn from the beginning. Great food, great selection, great service. One of the best meals we had on our trip.

• Visited June 2013
“Typical New England atmosphere and food menu”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Okay atmosphere with good food. Lack of parking might having you walk a few hundred yards to reach the restaurant. Great view of local habor area. All in all, worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Great food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Had dinner with some friends in the pub section on the recommendation of a local. Food was great! We really enjoyed the New England pub atmosphere. We will surely be back next time we are in the area.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank trintrav
Albany
“Great for that Special Dinner”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I won't mince words here -- it is pricey. But, for that price, you get excellent food and food presentation, pleasant and tolerant staff (we had a 1-year-old and a 4-year-old with us). Ambience was excellent. If your visit calls for at least one special dinner, this is the place to go (but leave the little kids at the hotel so you can appreciate this dining experience).

Visited July 2013