“Warm and cozy with really good food!”

Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2013

It was a cold evening and we were tired. The downstairs pub was warm and cozy and the food was really excellent. They have very interesting local beers and wines and the sweet potato fries and roasted garlic appetizers were special. The waiter was a little surly and he neglected to tell us about the half price wine deals (we heard him tell another table) but didn't ruin our enjoyment. There are lots of cool places in Mystic but this was a good one for a cold evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ya gotta go just for the hidden lower level bar. It is old and rustic. It is great place to have a drink and meet the locals. We didn't eat but, those that ate at the bar had hugh portions of great smelling food. We would definitely make plans to eat here on our next trip.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had eaten downstairs at the pub before, but this was the first time in the dining room. This was two weeks ago and I am still thinking about it. Everything was great, the food, the service, the atmosphere, and the wine. They start you with bread with roasted garlic spread and butter, which is a great start in itself. We also started with a house Cabernet, which was reasonably priced and flavorful. I ordered salmon with a glaze over risotto with tomatoes, scallions, and smoked bacon. My fiancee went with the veal homard. Both orders came out piping hot, artfully displayed, and with generous portions. Upon my first bite, all I could say was wow! The salmon was cooked perfectly, the flavor of the glaze complimenting the fish perfectly. The risotto was amazing in it's own rite with a happy blend of flavors. The veal was tender and flavorful as well. Neither of us were disappointed in our choice, and cleaned our plates, but we could have easily made two meals out of both. Even though we were full, we still had to go for dessert. I chose a flour less chocolate torte with raspberry, which was a perfect ending to the meal. My fiancee went with a banana concoction, that was banana cheesecake wrapped inside a cheesecake, that was then deep fried and dipped in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with caramel. Holy smokes, was that good!

Overall we had a great experience. The food was excellent, the waitress was there when we needed her, but not when we didn't, and for what we got, it was worth the price. It could be considered a little more expensive than some, but still reasonable, and in our case, well worth it. I would highly recommend saying here, but make sure to make reservations as the place does fill up.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Make reservations! We went on a cold rainy Saturday night in Feb. and they were still very busy. We made reservations earlier in the day and still had about a 10 min wait. My filet was amazing, but my wife's chicken was a bit over cooked while her sweet potatoes where hard and undercooked. It was late in the evening, about 8:30 when was sat down and very busy. So maybe the kitchen was running behind. It was still delicious, great bread, but I would have a one recommendations. Please don't store the house wine right beside the roaring fireplace. My red wine was way too warm to be enjoyed. Otherwise my meal was great. My wife might have given the place a lower rating, but service was great and the atmosphere cozy, historic, and comfortable.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Please let me start out by stating our appetizers and dinner were very good, so I can see for food only how this place receives very high ratings BUT...
There is no parking. They have a tiny parking lot in back up a hill, real hard to get in or out of. A side parking lot, but can not see that small sign (parking after 5:30 here) and it was full as well. We ended up parking in a public lot and paid $6.00 to park there and walked a half mile or so to the place. Why don't they tell their customers that parking is a challenge and offer to pay for the parking and direct them to the lot. As we were walking in, we were with another person that had the same issue, no parking and was frustrated. Clearly we were both first timers here and both said well the reviews are real good.
We had a reservation and sat upstairs in a room where the tables are small and close to each other. How anyone (past reviews I read) could state there is plenty of room, well they must be a relative. The fireplace is nice, but this place is cramped, and we just never could get really comfortable. Combination of driving around for 15 minutes trying to find parking to being placed into a small table for two with everyone on top of each other.
My wife had the sirloin and she loved it, I had the lamb chops which were very good but small serving. Had two chops / 2 thin bones in each chop with about 2 inches of meat, but real good. But not enough to fill an average appetite.
Restroom is shared by male / female and one has no idea if it is occupied? A sign might help?
So overall conclusion, I find it hard to understand how this place is the second highest rated place in Mystic? We will not return here, plenty of other options.