“One of Connecticut's best dining experiences”

Captain Daniel Packer Inne Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
New London, Connecticut
“One of Connecticut's best dining experiences”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

It is not always about the food. Shocking, but Daniel Packer's authenticity as an historic Inn adds so much warmth, beauty and history to the dining experience it cannot be underestimated. Fireplaces blazing in every dining room, hand cut ceiling beams, rough plaster walls and priceless framed historic documents add comfort and interesting details that enhance the service and the food. We have been going to DPI for many years and twice this month enjoying lunch and dinner in the pub and dining room. The salads are all excellent, especially the pear salad, my favorite. The french onion soup is also very good. I sent back my duck because the cherry sauce was too thick and the duck too dry. It is difficult to prepare duck perfectly to my liking. I am really picky. The waitstaff at the DPI are all excellent. The waitress asked me what else she could bring me and in ten minutes I had excellent Lamb Chops. Server recommended and excellent bottle of wine. My 12 year old son ordered a burger with bacon for dinner and it was perfectly prepared medium rare. My husband ordered the Filet and it was consistently tender and flavorful. Definitely try DPI.

new york metro
“Thanksgiving at the pub, what a treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

what a great way to celebrate thanksgiving.. the pub downstairs is where we dined. dark, cozy fireplace, brick walls . The food was superb. We actually did not go with the traditional turkey they offered but opted for filet mignon and salmon as our dinner choices. started off with pumpkin bisque, a shrimp cocktail, and finished with ny cheescake, and the best cup of coffee in mystic.

Visited November 2012
Higuey
“Amazing Thanksgiving Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was our first time having Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant and it couldn't have been better. The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful and the ambiance, exquisite. Our server Sean was professional and a true gentleman. I can't wait to return.

Visited November 2012
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
“BEST PLACE EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been to Mystic on 5 different occasions and have been fortunately enough to have gone to DPI over 10 times. I love this place and there is nothing like it in the area. Lemon pepper chicken and the calamari are my all-time favorites. I have been living overseas for 7 years and this is the only place I want to eat at when I come home. It is one of the best places I have experiences around the world. The staff is friendly, the food is awesome, and the value exceeds the prices you pay. This is place you do not want to miss if you are in the area *thank you for being open so soon after hurricane sandy, you made my dreams come true

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
“My favorite restaurant... IN THE WORLD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My hometown is Stonington, CT. I currently live in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. I come back to Connecticut once or twice each year and one of my top three things to do when I am home is to go to the Daniel Packer Inne to eat fish and chips and to have a Cotrell beer. The calamari and lemon pepper chicken are also amazing. I've been to 40 countries and many restaurants around the world. I will have to say that DPI is the best restaurant that I have been to. Thanks DPI!