“3 visits in 2 days! You would think we would have been treated better.”

Mystic Diner and Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Breakfast served all day, family friendly, great for large groups, homestyle desserts and great ice cream too.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We are out of state and staying at the Howard Johnson Inn. We had dinner at the mmystic diner last night due to its close proximity and everything was great. Fisherman's platter great per my husband, my eldest daughter and I enjoyed blue cheese burgers, and my other children got a kids meal and soup which was also good. We liked it so much we decided to go again for lunch today. I walked in with my baby in my arms and her bottle of water and was told that it wasn't allowed. When I asked what formula fed babies would use I got a rude response that they would drink formula not water. First off formula is mixed with water! So I threw it out and stayed. Later for dinner we ordered take out and when I got to diner to pick up decided to get dessert but when I requested cherry pie the guy wanted to serve me the dry one that was almost finished. I asked if I could have a slice from the fresh one and was told no so I got carrot cake instead,Then when I got back to my room they had forgot our soup. The fall off the bone ribs werent tender, I had to really bite to get the meat off the bones and the carrot cake was old. Stale and had an off taste. I will no longer take my family to your diner after this convenient location or not. FYI infants should be able to have their baby food/bottle and be exempt from the no food/drink policy. My baby is 8 months old for crying out loud! Dry desserts should not be served and customer should be able to choose their slice from display if they want to. Also they skimped on my Hubby's fisherman platter that he got to go it was no where as generous as the one he had in the restaurant yesterday. Pardon my typos as I am on small tablet.

1  Thank Sue H

Reviewed February 21, 2014

One of the cleanest, friendliest diners I've ever been to. And the food was fresh and tasty. Efficient too. It's a really nice atmosphere and lots of seating. Definitely a good bet when visiting Mystic!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed in the area with my husband and 2 children...planned on going there for breakfast- my daughter walked in with a chocolate milk with medicine in it for an allergy. We sat down and they immediately came over to us and told us that she couldn't have it...no outside food or drink!! Ridiculous! We walked out and I would never recommend going to this restaurant ...poor management!

3  Thank Volvo0701
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I ate breakfast here recently. The food came out quickly, and the service and food were both very good.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Some of the things on the menu are listed as vegetarian but actually aren't and then the veggie wrap is all pickled veggies so it tastes of vinegar and is soggy. And the spanakopita also is totally soggy and squishy.

drsous962, Owner at Mystic Diner and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Hello - please accept our appologies for your experience. On your next visit, please ask for me, John, and I will personally see to it that we go the extra mile to satisfy you.

John

Been to Mystic Diner and Restaurant? Share your experiences!