“Brunch was great!”

Ranked #13 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Breakfast served all day, family friendly, great for large groups, homestyle desserts and great ice cream too.
Haverhill
“Brunch was great!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After a long night at the nearby casinos, I was feeling rather hungry in the late morning. We drove around Mystic and found this diner. Coffee was great, service was great and the food was great. I had challah french toast and it was cooked all the way just the way I like it. Prices were good too. I will visit again.

• Visited May 2013

New London CT
“We are locals”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Its great to have a diner nearby with a diner's extensive menu. Glad that the recent management change hasn't hurt it. Wife and I enjoyed dinner there tonight, I had the wings and salad, wife liked the turkey dinner with apple stuffing and broccoli and salad. In the past, breakfasts and dinners there have been good.

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST !”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

On our way out of Mystic my family and I decided to stop at the diner right before the entrance to rte 95. This place was great, out waitress was one of the nicest we have ever had !! I am horrible with names and forgot her name but we went on a Thursday April 18th around 10 AM and she was on. We all ordered breakfast food, and I got the stuffed french toast. The stuff french toast was so good I might drive the 1 1/2 to go back just to have it again !!! This place is a must stop and super reasonable priced !!

Visited April 2013
New London
“Descent, a solid B+”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our visit to Mystic began with lunch at the Diner. It is large, well lit,and clean. The menu is also large with quite a variety of choices. Large portions, tasty and quickly served by friendly staff at fairly reasonable prices for the area.

Our second visit was for breakfast the next day, and again, found everything satisfactory.

• Visited April 2013
Marion, Massachusetts
“Serendipitous discovery (is that a Greek word? Should be.)”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a late lunch at the Mystic Diner today. The stop was unplanned, driven by hunger after a 6 hour drive from the south, and we really didn't know the diner was there (I haven't been to Mystic in 4 years, which is how long they have been there.)
The menu is very extensive - not quite a New Jersey diner-style Russian novel, but with a lot of choices. Of course, there is breakfast all day, and some Greek specialties, but the sandwich and burger selection reflects a definite sense of today's preferences. The location, at the juncture of several family edutainment destinations, means that this diner will not be geared to truck drivers, and the menu reflects it.
We had a turkey burger and a house burger, both with fries, lettuce, and tomato. The burgers are "cooked to order", meaning you can order a rare burger, which is rare, indeed. The fries are first class (and there are a couple fries-and-gravy type menu items that looked delicious but I resisted.) The service was prompt and accurate and our waitress was friendly and informative. It was a good diner experience.
We regularly travel I95 through Connecticut and we have a new favorite stop - for convenience and quality there is nothing better between Providence and Easton, Pennsylvania.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Mystic Diner and Restaurant? Share your experiences!