“DO NOT MISS!”

Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Breakfast served all day, family friendly, great for large groups, homestyle desserts and great ice cream too.
Glen Cove, New York, United States
“DO NOT MISS!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The food is fabulous- the service was great and we had our best and cheapest meal here! Stuffed french toast was awesome. Mexican burrito omelette was just what I wanted! We are going back just to eat there!

Visited September 2012

Ledyard, Connecticut
“Confused by previous review”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler of I95, going between New London and Braintree. Many mornings on my way North, I'll pull off and stop in at The Mystic Diner to grab a quick bite to eat. Whether I'm sitting in a booth, or at the counter- I'm always greeted promptly and have my food within ten minutes, important as I'm on the road.
I've been coming here since before the name change, and while formely a bit pricey, it's obvious the cost were lowered across the board. Where my check for my standard breakfast used to be ten, it's now under eight. Perhaps the previous reviewer was confused?
While the diner is not perfect, the coffee is fine, they always give me a togo cup for the road, and prompt service for such a large eatery. I get to catch my ESPN highlights I don't have time for before leaving in the morning, and when running late, their expanded dessert case has plenty of pastry's I can grab in a pinch.
One complaint would be that the size of the pancakes isn't always consistent- other than that, I really enjoy the place and would recommend it to anyone needing a friendly and prompt place to visit off of 95 in their travels.

Littleton, Colorado
“Name change - still lousy food and service.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I thought with having new owners things might improve so I gave it another try. There is a new menu (more expensive) and the food is still as bad as it was last time I tried this place. They have a fly problem but write it off as "the flies come indoors when the weather starts to change". Honestly, I'm not sure why the flies would even eat it - pretty sub-par for even a diner. The place was crowded but the empty tables were filled with dirty dishes - so I had to wait till they could find someone to clear a table in order to sit down. The service was slow and absolutely nothing has changed but the sign on the building. Don't waste your time (or $$) here - there are plenty of other places to get a really good meal. Just because the location is great doesn't mean the food has to match!

Littleton, Colorado
“New name - still lousy food and service”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The name was just changed but the place is still the same. I figured with new owners things might have gotten better but only the name has changed. It is now called the Mystic Diner and there is a new (and more expensive) menu. I have to agree with the member who talked about flies in the diner. It was a feeding frenzy as the flies congregate by the windows and attack at the smell of food. When I complained, the response was that the flies come inside when the weather starts turning cold (really?) The meal was overpriced and not very tasty either. I ended up leaving most of it for the carniverous flies to consume. Most of the tables were filled and the ones that weren't had dirty dishes on them. I had to wait till a table could be cleared. The wait staff could use a boost of energy as they seemed to be making the rounds on a slow rotation of the area. This was my second try and I probably will not be coming back here in the near future. There are way too many places to spend my discretionary income to waste it here. Sorry - You might want to think about going elsewhere for a decent meal.

Ship Bottom, New Jersey
“Great food. great service, classic dinner”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great food, fast and friendly service. Great sweat potato fries. Amazing selection of items. Very reasonable prices. First dinner we have visited that had large screen televisions with football games on-a plus on a Sunday.

Visited October 2012